Running Shorts and ChubRub

Options
Anybody know of any running shorts that won't pull the creeper move on me?

Replies

• Sarabeth5
    Sarabeth5 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Bump... I wanna know too!!
  • thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    It's going to depend on you and how your body is shaped. I like the Speed Short from lululemon (heinously expensive, but they last a really long time and I love them to pieces).

Have you tried using Bodyglide? It helps a lot.
  • brandyk77
    brandyk77 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    trial and error based on you

Big YES to body glide! get it, use it, love it and stop screaming in the shower afterwards.

That being said, I love my Athleta Hana shorts and my Nike pacer shorts
    DO NOT get the tempo - those chafe like a mofo
  • withervein
    withervein Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I wear whatever running shorts I can find that have the built in brief (i still wear my regular panties, I just dont want to show em off in loose shorts) and a built in key pocket. There are usually loose, so if they do ride up a bit between the legs I can just smooth em back out without looking like I'm digging for gold.
  • runningfromzombies
    runningfromzombies Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    UGH. This happened to me two weeks ago on my seven-mile run...so not cool! I've never had this happen to me in this particular pair of shorts before, so it was surprising, but I think it was due more to moisture than anything else (as you can imagine, I sweat a ton while running seven miles, haha). Since that incident I've just been wearing fitted capris instead--it's still cold enough here that it works out better that way, anyway.
  • scubagoil
    scubagoil Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I love my running skirts! they have fitted shorts under the skirt (sort of like compression shorts but not really).

I used to have the "rub" issue and it is painful! And I agree with the recommendation for body glide if you can't find the right shorts!
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    Thank so much for the tips! I haven't tried body glide, but up until now I've been comfortable wearing either fitted capris or long pants. Now, though, I'm hoping to start running outside more, and as the weather gets warmer, so do I :) My thighs have shrunk a bit, but I'm still quite the "sturdy" girl, and doubt they will ever not rub. Definitely going to get some body glide this weekend and try it out.
    I adore the way the running skirts look. I've always wondered if they had shorts underneath, but didn't feel that was an appropriate question to ask the women at the gym.
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    I usually just wear tight capris when I run. I'm a Nike fan. I can't stand my shorts riding up and my legs rubbing.
  • rob_v
    rob_v Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    2 Words.

chamois butter (sp? shammy)
  • jessica05h
    Options
    "Ranger Panties" work for me. They're really thin and lightweight and they dry very quickly. They have the built in panties so you don't have to worry about those bunching up either. They're pretty cheap too, only $8 or so a pair. I buy mine from Soffe.
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I usually just wear tight capris when I run. I'm a Nike fan. I can't stand my shorts riding up and my legs rubbing.

I don't see my chub rub going away anytime soon, so capris are the answer for me.
    Haven't tried a running skirt yet...
  • TNTwedell
    TNTwedell Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    UGH. This happened to me two weeks ago on my seven-mile run...so not cool! I've never had this happen to me in this particular pair of shorts before, so it was surprising, but I think it was due more to moisture than anything else (as you can imagine, I sweat a ton while running seven miles, haha). Since that incident I've just been wearing fitted capris instead--it's still cold enough here that it works out better that way, anyway.

^^ me too- just last weekend. Been training and had a long run on Saturday - 15 and i started feeling it after like mile 3. i still have some scars (and wearing jeans later is NO BUENO)
    So painful. I feel like I have to go back to capris too - but i dont wanna:cry:
    NEVER had this problem before -
    I went to lululemon & I bought a pari of the running shorts - they are still in the bag, with tags attached - $68 for RUNNING SHORTS
    lord. Im gonna try the glide and keep my fingers crossed
  • DiannaMoorer
    DiannaMoorer Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Jess5825
    Jess5825 Posts: 228
    Options
    I don't run, but I thoroughly recommend body glide as well. My thighs rub and before I discovered it I would get bad painful chafing. It was horrible, I use body glide religiously now and haven't had a problem since. Reminds me I got to get some more.
  • IveLanded
    IveLanded Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Ok I looked up all those suggestions and every pair of "running shorts" I've ever tried (the style of all those) rides up in the crotch! Ladies who suggested them......how big are you and do your thighs rub together when walking/running?

I've done running capris most of the time so far and will just do regular ol' sweats, but I've been wishing I could find a better running short. But everything I've ever tried rides up in the crotch (I'm about 165, 5'6", about a size 12). My thighs DEFINITELY rub together just normally, so I kind of feel like ANYTHING that is loose will ride up. I'm temped to just start running in compression shorts....
  • a_stronger_steph
    a_stronger_steph Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    My favourite pair of running shorts are a pair of compression bermuda shorts that I got from Old Navy last year. They come down to about 2 inches above my knee - which means they cover the entire thigh, and because they're compression, they don't ride up. They were cheap, too - about $24 regular price, and cheaper if you caught a sale! Not sure if Old Navy has anything similar in stock right now, but check online/in store occasionally and you might find something. :)
  • echeindl
    echeindl Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I bought some soffee running shorts last summer and they are a god send! Seriously I would have never thought, and I got them on Amazon for less than $10! They don't look like the normal soffee shorts that the cheerleaders wear either which I thought was a plus.