Where does your motivation come from

Options
13»

Replies

• Charliesuccess
    Charliesuccess Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    my motivation comes from being sick and tired of being sick and tired.
    that and a few years ago i was my 'goal weight' and still have all the skinny clothes in boxes. even brought them through a move.

Well dust those goal weight cloths off and get them ready!!! Keep this up and youll be wearing them again REAL soon!
  • Charliesuccess
    Options
    I just happened to come across a vacation photo from September.......wow, I can't believe I was actually that big......made me sad but motiviated me to keep on going. I'm the lightest I've been in 8-9 years and my stamina has increased significantly.....that keeps me going

Nothing like looking back for a little motivation! 8-9years...nice long term success! that's great!
  • Hood25
    Hood25 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Jillian motivated me today doing her video! She always says something about motivation and I have begun to say "Yes" I want that! Now tomorrow....well let's hope she reaches me again! I AM A DOER!!
  • Charliesuccess
    Options
    I just think about Veterans without any legs and stuff. That usually pumps me up.

Yup we should do what we have the abiltiy to do!
  • Charliesuccess
    Options
    When my motivation drops I just keep telling myself... Today is the day you NEED to keep going the most.. because if I waited for the days that it just comes naturally & easily, or the day where I didn't have to push myself.. then I'd never stay on track - that goes for eating right and exercise.

Yes! Push has to happen for us to suceed! good for you!
  • Charliesuccess
    Options
    From the people around me who have succeeded and knowing that I can do that and deserve that! I also am tired of saying I'll stick with a healthy lifestyle and then 1 week later "giving in". Pictures help too!

Yes! I get the "Ill Start Tommorow's" some days....but tommorow has to happen today! i get it.
  • mudpuddlegirl
    Options
    Today I was motivated by the life-changing before and after pics! I give you all a standing ovation and three cheers! For years I have always been on the take 2 steps forward and 1 step back cycle. I would see photos of me and cringe...whatever photos that made it through the "keep" cycle were immediately cropped at the waistline! Today I decided I don't want to crop another photo! I never set a goal for myself...if I lost a few pounds it was celebrated by having a "treat" becuase "I deserved it"! That state of mind stops today because today I was motivated by all of you...thank you!:flowerforyou:
  • Aureilie
    Aureilie Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I was going to say "Angelina's Right Leg" but that's an everyday thing, haha.

Today? Seeing my ticker go down and this thread: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/527227-motivate-me-before-and-afters
  • Charliesuccess
    Options
    My health is a big motivation. There is even a bit of an "EFF You" to all those who have doubted me in my life.

Hahaha! yup sometimes you just wanna show people up,.....like SEE! You were wrong loser! lol
  • Charliesuccess
    Options
    Today I have a personal training session, I'm motivated to keep up with the trainer and not look like a total effing amateur lol

A lot of my motivation is shallow, I like looking good. But I something that is always in my thoughts is having a random chance at something as amazing as life is awesome and I should honor it by being healthy and therefore the best version of me possible.

Honoring the amazment of life is not shallow at all! Good for you Girl!
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    My motivation is the that I am feeling sexier. P.S. my boyfriend tells me constantly how HOT I look.
  • Charliesuccess
    Options
    My motivation is the that I am feeling sexier. P.S. my boyfriend tells me constantly how HOT I look.

Oh heck yeah! that's a priceless motivation!
  • 2kidsandadonut
    2kidsandadonut Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    My motivation today was seeing a two pound loss on the scale this morning and fitting into the shorts I wore before my son was born. I'm taking my kids to the park today!
  • ericalynn104
    ericalynn104 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Today's motivation was sponsored by the slight soreness in my muscles. It serves as my reminder for the body I want to have when my fiance returns home. Bikini body, coming soon to a beach near you! :wink:
  • xSophia19
    xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    On my bedroom wall just above my bed, I have quite a few photos of me and friends on rides at Theme parks, some of them were nearly 2 years ago, and i look a complete mess in them. I never thought i looked soo bloody big! But looking at them day in day out when im in my room, really helps me to stay on track. I know i dont want to look like that again! Sometimes I do have my days where im over on calories, but I get straight back on it the next day! I love excercise more than anything right now! I loooove going out for a jog, me and the gym have recently become best friends :) Soo yeah, my photo's of the 'old me' are my motivation right now :smile:
  • ginnylee74
    ginnylee74 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    My personal motivation comes from God, God the Father, God the Son/Jesus and God The Holy Spirit (Today :o) The God of Abraham, Isaac ,Jacob and Jesus:heart:

I woke up this morning in a complete ugly funk. I started thinking about Jesus...how He lived His early life, being subject to imperfect parents, family members and everyone about Him and how HARD it must have been for Him--yet He did it and learned obedience thru what He suffered.

Then I started thinking about God The Father. How Merciful and Kind He Is to me--to bless me with The Knowledge of Himself and His Way, Truth and Life (which is sheer unadulterated foolishness to the world, the flesh and devil:cry: ), how He sees me blowing it day after day, not following Him as I should and things that just must break His heart how we live down here on earth, yet--He's Faithful and just and gave me another chance, because He woke me up this morning. He suffers long...and is kind and so should I be with my newLIFEstyle.

Then I started thinking about The Holy Spirit...How He is so different from me, How He leads me and guides me and helps me more and more to say YES to the people, places and things (food, drinks, stuff) He wants me to say YES to NO to the people, places and things He wants me to say NO to. No longer allowing ANYONE (including my own self/flesh) to deter, distract or dissuade me from my mission to be a better witness to/for Him (via my weight loss journey and living my life in general) and to LOVE others the same way and even more than I love myself.

That motivated me to not nurse a nasty tude, but to get my tail outside and walk, then come back and work-out, and look to Him for advice, direction, guidance on what to eat, drink, do, go, be TODAY...that's my motivation today---God is my motivation.

Note: Even though you specifically said for "TODAY" this is my motivation yesterday, today and forever:heart:

Well....Amen and Amen again!

We have a faithful God. Awesome three in one.
  • moonsforeyes
    Options
    Biggest motivator for me each and EVERY day: How farm I have come. With every passing day, I get stronger and stronger. That is very motivational. I reflect on the days where I couldn't last a week eating healthy or working out. Knowing how far I have come really prevents me from failing.
  • Goodwin1948
    Options
    My husband motivates me on a daily basis. Reading all the messages also motivates me to keep going. It is great to read about all the ups and also all the downs that can get in our way to a successful finish. I too am looking forward to being in onederland. Thanks to you all for the great motivations.:bigsmile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!