What did I do wrong??

Options
Crap, Ive hit my sugar allotment already.... what did I do wrong, and what do I eat for dinner?

Replies

• coraliethomas
    coraliethomas Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    bump..
  • foot2wood
    foot2wood Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Grilled Chicken breast, Tuna, any lean meat and veggie
  • coraliethomas
    Options
    Mmmm, that sounds good!
  • akm4108
    akm4108 Posts: 7
    Options
    The only sugar you should be consuming daily should come from fruits, or a small amount in a protein shake.

If you are serious about your weight & fitness.
  • coraliethomas
    Options
    The only sugar you should be consuming daily should come from fruits, or a small amount in a protein shake.

If you are serious about your weight & fitness.

Um wow... Im not even sure how to respond to this!
  • hooligansmom
    hooligansmom Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I had a shake, two servings of fruit, a glass of milk, and I went over sugar for the day. I am not sure how I can keep under MFP's sugar allotment for the day, or even if I want to!
  • coraliethomas
    Options
    Yeah! Thats why I couldnt believe the previous post... my greek yoghurt and strawberries (1 cup, halved) put me over.... :grumble:
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    i dont even track sugar. my dietician told me not to worry about sugars from fruits though, if that helps you at all. *shrug*
    just eat whatever else you normally would and make sure you stay under calories
  • pounds4paws_lisa
    pounds4paws_lisa Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I go over my sugar every day - but I know that i'm eating fruits and greek yogurt so I don't worry about it at all. If I was eating chocolate bars etc then there would be a problem but other wise, eat dinner - your body needs that a lot more then worrying about the sugar intake.

Also when you realise you've had too much sugar or more then you wanted to have - exercise. Cardio helps to maintain your sugar levels so you don't experience the same crash afterwards.
  • TurtleTape
    TurtleTape Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I don't consider natural sugars (like those in your strawberries) in my total for the day, but I really don't worry with sugar much at all unless I'm significantly over.
  • coraliethomas
    Options
    Ok, thats good then, because all my other macros are way under... :) Still like the grilled chicken for dinner idea though!
  • hooligansmom
    hooligansmom Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I just did a little bit of internet research on this, and I think that the limit that MFP gives us is for ADDED sugars, not the ones that are naturally occurring in foods. So, for milk, fruit, etc...it doesn't really matter. If a package has sugar (or corn syrup etc..) as an ingredient, then it should probably count towards the daily intake. It would be hard to tell if you were eating something like yogurt, which often had both naturally occurring and added sugar.

By the way, this is my conclusion from what I have read, and may not be fact.