Tanning Lotion Help!

Options
abnerner
abnerner Posts: 452 Member
So, I know I will get a load of messages about how tanning is bad, but!

For those of you who do tan, I have a question.

I am pretty darn light skinned, however, with work, tan pretty well. I am going to start going to a tanning booth at least once a week to try to get some color on me (I feel better when I don't look sickeningly pale lol). Does anyone have any suggestions on tanning lotions for me to try? Any help would be appreciated it!

Replies

• rlv2680
    rlv2680 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    i got a bottle at walmart for $8. you def want one with a bronzer in it.
  • haleighallen
    haleighallen Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I love anything with a tingle in it. Nothing gets me darker than that.
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I have suggestions (not for you, but for those that want color without the tanning).

I'm 35 and I still get carded. I wear hats and sunscreen daily (I spend a lot of time outside, I have a house on a lake).

I do sunless tanning but here's the secret:

-I exfoliate with Origins Gloom Away
    -I use Origins sunless tanning products

I prefer natural products. They are a bit more expensive, but a little goes a long way. :)

Long live us wrinkle-free gals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (pale as all heck normally but delightfully wrinkle free)
  • jsapninz
    jsapninz Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    I really liked Australian Gold Sinfully Black. Not too expensive either.

Yeah tanning gets a bad rap....but if you don't do it too much you will be fine. Educate yourself on it and don't fret, everything causes cancer these days :)
  • amandainfanto
    Options
    I think I use Australian Gold, it helps but I always go with one with a bronzer, etc. Its like 20-30$ a bottle.
  • tallen3687
    tallen3687 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Just make sure it is for indoor tanning. I ask the ladies at the desk what they recommend.
  • chrikoko12202007
    Options
    i dont suggest anything with tingle starting out bc ull get FRIED and ur skin will welp up (ive had an issue with this recently). i just picked up a cheap bronzing kind ($8) from walmart(comes in a black bottle and is 'super darkening') and it seems to be working really nicely. i was scared it'd make me look orange but so far so good :)
  • 11Jayme11
    11Jayme11 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Thi is just ME... BUT I dont use lotions before I tan, I use just regular lotion(Jergens) right after. I have never had a burn issue and I always tan nice. My mom is like you, lighter skin. She tans about 3 times a week. Starting at like 6 mins in the bed, than goes up a minute at a time. I personally think that only once a week, you wont build a good base tan. Go a few times a week, thn after your where you want to be, go once a week to maintain. Good Luck hun, and I SO understand about needing it. People WILL trash talk this for tanning.. but whos body is it.. YOURS and you want it YOUR way!!!:glasses:
  • mbmorse1011
    mbmorse1011 Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    For indoor tanning I use
    Designer Skin Worship

I'm pretty fair skinned too.

They can reccomend something for you at the salon but go and buy it on Amazon, will save you TONS of money.
  • Onesnap
    Options
    P.S. I wrote the above suggestion as someone who is TEN years older than you. The folks I know that are the same age and WENT TANNING all have wrinkles. Either sun tanning or tanning beds. EVERY SINGLE ONE HAS WRINKLES. Not me! If I did not wear sunscreen daily I would be so wrinkled.

Trust me.

In 10 years you'll be kicking yourself.
  • BoxingAli
    BoxingAli Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I just purchased Australian Gold Shades of Summer--bronzer. I also got an Australian Gold tan extender. So far, I am pleased with both products--and they smell good.

I am the same-once it starts to be spring, I hate to be sooo pale.
  • karinefitness
    karinefitness Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I really like Lime N Da Coconut and Coconutty Tini. I usually avoid bronzers because I've had experience where they turned me orange and I dislike tingles... Maybe try a few samples and see what you like?

I get my lotions online, for cheap usually :)
  • brooke0206
    brooke0206 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I recently bought the new Jwoww lotion, a bit pricy but I really like it and it smells like skittles!
  • wvtracyann
    wvtracyann Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I am the same way it takes me a long while to get even a little dark right now I am using one called "Get bronze" that is the step on then when you reach the point where you aren't getting any darker you switch to "get dark" the step two
  • 11Jayme11
    11Jayme11 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    i dont suggest anything with tingle starting out bc ull get FRIED and ur skin will welp up (ive had an issue with this recently). i just picked up a cheap bronzing kind ($8) from walmart(comes in a black bottle and is 'super darkening') and it seems to be working really nicely. i was scared it'd make me look orange but so far so good :)

I agree SO MUH! DONT get tingle! IT KILLS... Yes, you get tanner faster, but its not worth it. I felt like my skin was literally bubbling! Thats for someone who tans alot more than your looking for!
  • terri0527
    terri0527 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    If you have never used any before, i''d suggest you start with something with a small amount of tingle in it...if you jump right in with something that's high in tingle it will burn you up. I'm currently using Snooki's lotion with tingle and bronzer and works great for me. Good Luck !! :-)
  • hellraisedfire
    hellraisedfire Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Australian Gold Sinfully Black. LOVE IT!!

Also, this isn't scientifically proven or anything, it's just how I look at it, but I would rather develop a light tan in a tanning bed than get burned by the sun regularly. that's just my input.

I also use nivea skin firming moisturizer to keep wrinkles away. again, i don't know if this helps, but i like to imagine.
  • hazelnut861
    hazelnut861 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Don't use oil! I order from lotions 2 go.com. they're cheap with quality lotions and you can pick a free packet to try with a purchase. It has descriptions of the lotions.
  • jenlarz
    jenlarz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I have suggestions (not for you, but for those that want color without the tanning).

I'm 35 and I still get carded. I wear hats and sunscreen daily (I spend a lot of time outside, I have a house on a lake).

I prefer natural products. They are a bit more expensive, but a little goes a long way. :)

Long live us wrinkle-free gals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (pale as all heck normally but delightfully wrinkle free)

Question, do these smell any better than the others? I like to use the lotions like Jergens that take a few days for it to show so its more even but they still have that awful smell
  • Onesnap
    Options

Question, do these smell any better than the others? I like to use the lotions like Jergens that take a few days for it to show so its more even but they still have that awful smell

They do smell better! Check out Origins.com for product reviews. And exfoliate each day you do a sunless tan product!!