Another Exercise Question

Options
nikii14
nikii14 Posts: 403 Member
You know how they say not to exersice the same muscles two days in a row??
What happens if you do?? Will it prevent you from toning or losing weight??

I tend to do the same routine (sometimes I mix it up a bit) EVERY day. And I am seeing results.
I know they say that your muscles need 24-48 hours to "heal" but what happens if I work on my arms 5 days a week?? What will happen?

Thanks!!

Replies

• nikii14
    Options

I tend to do the same routine (sometimes I mix it up a bit) EVERY day. And I am seeing results.
    I know they say that your muscles need 24-48 hours to "heal" but what happens if I work on my arms 5 days a week?? What will happen?

Thanks!!
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    your muscles can't rebuild themselves that fast. so you will be tearing down muscle without letting it build back up, you won't have the muscle strength you would have otherwise. its' just kind of a waste of time and energy to not let your muscles heal, that's the whole point of weight training, is to build muscle.
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    I'd say to go every other day for sure.... it also depends on what your doing. I'm no expert but if you are doing light weights high reps I don't see it being as much of a problem (someone correct me if I'm wrong) If you are pushing yourself with heavier weights than try doing legs one day and then arms the next. Hope I helped, good luck!

~Leash :heart:
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options

Thanks!!

when you work your arms are you getting sore?

I split my muscle groups up- I have to my muscles get very sore from lifting weights- But you need to give the muscle time to heal so you can build that muscle if your working the same muscle everyday all your doing is tearing the muscle and not giving it a chance to repair-

When working your arms what are you doing? How much weight are you working with?
    Don't just focus on your arms focus on working your back, split your arm workouts up triceps one day biceps another, don't forget about your chest and shoulders as well and then lower body, quads,hamstrings, inner and outer thigh, and calves--

My workouts are like this as an example

Monday- Cardio

Tues- Back,Biceps,Shoulders and Abs and my cardio- not counting my 20 minute warm up before the weights

Thursday- All Lower body and my cardio (not including my warm up)

Friday- Chest and Tri's and Abs and my Cardio (not including my warm up)

Saturday - Painful Cardio because my Muscles are so damn sore
  • nikii14
    Options
    My (typical) routine mainly consists of pilates type exersices. I work my whole body.
    Crunches, leg lifts, side bends, pushups on Bosu with a body bar, planks, work my triceps with a band and and also do dips. A few more ab exersices on the Bosu.
    This is usually about an hour routine.....then a jog on the treadmill for about 15 minutes. ( I just started jogging)

I do not work up a sweat, but I definatley feel it after. Not sore though..Feels good!
    I (obsessively) go to the gym every day. Ive actually lost a total of 10 lbs doing this routine, but I just want to make sure Im not doing anything to hurm myself or could I be doing more to speed up the process??:tongue:

Any suggestions or feedback?? Too much..too little??