Breakfast at work suggestions?

Options

Replies

• pinkpandangel105
    pinkpandangel105 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm a stay at home mom so I don't have the same problem, but you could take yogurt and some granola. Or if you have a good blender you could do a smoothie with frozen fruit before leaving. Just toss in whatever frozen fruit you like add milk, yogurt, and juice and blend til smooth.
  • wendywalk
    Options
    I keep a big container of lowfat yogurt in the office fridge and a box of Fiber One cereal at my desk - mix up one cup of each = 273 calories and is nutritionally balanced & very filling. (Substitute your whole grain cereal of choice)
  • lexagon
    lexagon Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I used to pre-make egg white burritos and pop them in the freezer. Easy enough to just grab one and heat it up when you are ready. Definitely try to prep the night before if you can.

Greek Yogurt with Fruit
    Oatmeal with Fruit
    Protein Shake (if you drink them)
    Cereal and milk
    Thin Bagel w/ a little PB

You can easily make homemade protein bars as well that are much better for you than store bought. :)
    Buy some good tupperware!! :)
  • Eleisabelle
    Eleisabelle Posts: 365
    Options
    Plain Greek yogurt, sliced strawberries or frozen mixed berries, and a quarter cup of Udi's artisan granola usually does it for me pretty well.
  • tamheath
    tamheath Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Yep, the Thomas 100 cal bagels & muffins are awesome w/ LC cheese. I more often have a couple hard boiled eggs with a little deli ham or turkey.

Today I had a baked potato. Strange, I know, but potatoes were on sale this week. It was actually very yummy, warming and filling!
  • blazergrad
    blazergrad Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    I do the hard boiled egg thing as well ... plus, I usually bring a container of the Dannon Oikos Fruit-on-the-Bottom Fat Free Greek Yogurt. That usually gets me through to my late morning fruit snack. :)
  • vsmurrow
    vsmurrow Posts: 145
    Options
    Overnight oatmeal is my absolute favorite for on-the-go eating. Google dat sheeit.
  • JAllen32
    JAllen32 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    Sounds like we all do similar things. I take either eggs or egg beaters in a container and cook them in the microwave, or boil a bunch of eggs and stick them in the fridge. Then I can grab a couple out and stick them in my bag to eat at work. Keep bananas handy, also, maybe keep a box of healthy cereal and some milk at the office, then just have a bowl. So many options really, I was never a breakfast person either, then I'd be starving by 9am and wouldn't have anything to snack on til lunch time. So I've had to add lots of quick options like that because I also refuse to get up any earlier than I have to! lol Good Luck!
  • jaxbeck
    jaxbeck Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    On Sunday night, I will often make a frittata. It's easy to cut and bag into single servings to take with you.

Good idea!
  • StrengthIDidntKnow
    StrengthIDidntKnow Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Do you have access to a microwave?

I usually make different variations of oatmeal, mix all my add-ins the night before and add milk (or water) right before I put it in the microwave. Some things I have added - peanut butter, 1 TBSP chocolate chips or hot cocoa, raisins. I use almond or coconut milk instead of water.

Or, make a batch of pancakes, different breakfast breads or muffins, freeze them until you need them.

Cereal, mixed with some fruit. Or cereal with a serving of fruit on the side. Again, I use almond or coconut milk.

I keep a box of instant oatmeal in my desk for those mornings that I didn't have time to pack a breakfast.
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    The D-lights the turkey sausage with egg whites and cheese on a muffin and only 250 in colories :)

Yes. I like these!
  • jetabear10
    jetabear10 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    pack your cereal and take milk in separate container
    banana
    apple
  • amberdawn02
    amberdawn02 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I am also in a rush to get out the door in the AM. I always grab a plain fat free greek yogurt and mix with 1 package of truvia and fresh fruit (usually strawberries and blueberries but sometimes red grapes).... If I'm out of fruit, I will throw in some unsalted almonds. Adds a nice crunch to the yogurt! Greek yogurt is really high in protien, so it keeps you full for a while. If I get hungry, I usually have midmorning snack - hardboiled egg, nuts, or another peice of fruit.
  • sparky76sj
    Options
    YOU'LL LOVE THIS!

OK what I do the night before is make myself a breakfast wrap/burrito. I use a low carb tortilla that's usually 120 calories. 2 egg whites (I use a fat free spray for the pan), and low fat cheese. The cool part is you can load it up with all kinds of veggies too! I like to add mushrooms, onions, green peppers and a bit of salsa :) I just wrap it up in foil the night before, then bring it to work, wrap in a paper towl and microwave. Because of the protien in the egg whites, combined with the carbs in the tortilla it usually keeps me full until lunchtime.

Tortilla: 120 calories
    Egg Whites: 34 calories
    1/8 cup of light cheese: 40 calories
    Veggies: 0
    That's only 194 for a filling breakfast!! you can't go wrong :D
  • kelseyhere
    kelseyhere Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    I also eat breakfast at work. Usually I make oatmeal with almond milk and nuts and add protein powder. The protein makes a big difference in the fullness factor. Half a scoop is perfect, it doesn't mess with the consistency or taste but I'm not hungry again by 10 am. Hard boiled eggs are great and easy. I'll boil 5 at the beginning of the week and have one each day. You could also do yogurt and granola with fruit (be careful to read the labels on yogurt- a lot of it is really processed also and contains high fructose corn syrup). Sometimes on the weekend I make a batch of apple pie breakfast (search "apple pie breakfast" in the forums for the recipe) and package it into individual containers I can bring to work. It's really tasty and only 115 calories a serving. Whole wheat toast with peanut or any other nut butter would and sliced banana would be good also. If you like granola bars, consider maybe a handful of nuts and dried fruit. Basically the same stuff, just not smashed into a bar and held together with sugar and other not so good for you fillers.
  • Tashry
    Tashry Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Protein shake! Mine are so very yummy!

Just this morning I mixed one cup of milk, one small banana and a scoop of my chocolate protein powder. I mixed it in about 10 seconds in my magic bullet and headed out the door. I drank it on my drive to work. I usually can't eat that early, but drinking it didn't feel too bad. That held me through until my first snack.
  • sparky76sj
    Options
    Oh also, I love the 'Dieters Dream' bread...I think it's called Healthy Life. It's only 70 calories for 2 slices. So what I do is make myself a peanut butter sandwhich and add like a half of banana to it (you can use jelly too, but you get more full off of a banana). The protien in the peanut butter combined with the banana keeps you full longer. Depending on what brand of peanut butter you use, it's on average 300 calories, which isn't bad for breakfast.
  • cyclerjenn
    cyclerjenn Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    I usually eat breakfast at work also. I will make a breakfast on Sunday and slipt it up individually for each day of the week. I will do stuff like Veggie Fattata, Egg Scrambles with Spinish and mushrooms, Fruit Parfiats made with greek yogurt or Cottage Cheese, Oatmeal, Fruit and Nuts.
  • Rosbrook1985
    Rosbrook1985 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    bump
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    The other day, I had a few minutes before I left the house...

I toasted one Oroweat Sandwich Thin. I took my nonstick pan, sprayed it with a little zero-calorie spray, heated it up to medium heat, scrambled one egg with a little salt, pepper, a little hot sauce, and (lol) Kroger brand "Hispanic Blend" shredded cheese (any shredded cheese would work, though, even non-racist types).

I let the egg cook and then folded it in half like a small omelette. Cut it with the spatula to fit on the sandwich thin, and ate it like that. It was amazing and about 150-200 calories, and it took less than 5 minutes to make. If you had the sense to chop up some onions, bell pepper, or mushrooms the night before, that could go in with the egg too.

In addition, It only takes about four minutes to microwave a piece of bacon (lots of paper towels underneath), break it in half, and it fits right on top of the breakfast sammich for about 240 calories.

Keeps you full for a long time, quick to make, and it is super yummy.