New and have a question

froggy1383
froggy1383 Posts: 4
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
I have just joined the site and I have a question. I have been tracking for a couple of days and I keep noticing that I go over my protein points by at least 15 everyday. I have leftover points for everything else such as calories, fat, carbs, etc... What does this mean and what should I do about it? Could this be the reason that I haven't been able to loose wieght in the past?

Replies

• froggy1383
    I have just joined the site and I have a question. I have been tracking for a couple of days and I keep noticing that I go over my protein points by at least 15 everyday. I have leftover points for everything else such as calories, fat, carbs, etc... What does this mean and what should I do about it? Could this be the reason that I haven't been able to loose wieght in the past?
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Probably not but you should not have too many calories left at the end of the day every day. Once in a while won't hurt but consistently this can make you start conserving energy and retain instead of lose weight. There are some great links to great advice under my signature and they might be able to help you too. Good Luck!:drinker: And Welcome!:flowerforyou:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    hello and welcome to MFP. I think you will love this site. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, easy to use and everyone here is nice and friendly. I just wanted to wish you much success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!!!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    15 grams? (Points huh? Another former WW person? :wink: ) That's probably not doing you any harm, MFP goes pretty light on the protein anyway, you have plenty of buffer.

BUT

don't get too big of gap between the site and how much healthy fats and complex carbs you eat. You want to make sure you're near the site (a few grams here or there won't hurt, but...)

Remember, WHAT you eat is just as important as how much you eat. Balancing out your nutrition and getting the right amount of good fats, and healthy complex carbs is just as important as getting enough protein or vitamins and minerals.

My advice, sit down with your favorite nutrition book (there are tons of good ones at B&N) and draw out a few meal plans that will get you to where you need to be, as you move forward and this gets easier, you can branch out, but at least you'll have a staple of good healthy foods you can pick from and know that you're around where you should be.
    best luck to you.
  • froggy1383
    Thank you for the advice and for the warm welcome!:flowerforyou:
  • jmedembek
    jmedembek Posts: 1
    New here too. Have my cousin's wedding in July and want to look FAB for it. I used to be an ideal size...until I had my son. Two years later, I'm within 10 pounds of my pre-prego weight, but can't seem to get over fast meals and lazy nights! Thought tracking might help. Summer's coming -- I'd like to wear a bathing suit without worrying about what I look like! Any tips/advice for a full time working Mom of a 2 year old boy?
This discussion has been closed.