Something wonderful happened to me at the gym

Options
willywonka
willywonka Posts: 743 Member
I took my very first spin class and whew it was brutal but a lot of fun. I was finishing up and a girl about my age came up to me and said, "i just want you to know that I see you in here every morning and I have told my husband that there is a girl at the gym that looks healthy and fit and is my inspiration"

I honestly couldn't believe my ears, for the first time in my weight loss journey, I felt validated. I almost burst into tears and I hugged her and asked her name and then I told her all about this website and the wonderful people here. I told her that a year ago I never would have thought any of this possible. I just want to help and encourage anyone out there that is going through the same thing that I went through and tell them They can do it!!! And to all my MFP family, just know that you are someone's inspiration whether you know it or not.

I'm not perfect by any means, and I am learning every day. Tonight I had half a slice of strawberry cake and I started to feel guilty and I thought, no way. Knowing that this is a lifestyle change and not just temporary has helped me so much. I can't imagine going through my life not ever having a bite of cake and enjoying the flavor of wonderful food, it's just all about moderation now.

And nothing has felt as good as buying a cute new dress and feeling pretty darn confident in it- even daring to wear animal print :laugh:
ry%3D400

Replies

• willywonka
    willywonka Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I took my very first spin class and whew it was brutal but a lot of fun. I was finishing up and a girl about my age came up to me and said, "i just want you to know that I see you in here every morning and I have told my husband that there is a girl at the gym that looks healthy and fit and is my inspiration"

I honestly couldn't believe my ears, for the first time in my weight loss journey, I felt validated. I almost burst into tears and I hugged her and asked her name and then I told her all about this website and the wonderful people here. I told her that a year ago I never would have thought any of this possible. I just want to help and encourage anyone out there that is going through the same thing that I went through and tell them They can do it!!! And to all my MFP family, just know that you are someone's inspiration whether you know it or not.

I'm not perfect by any means, and I am learning every day. Tonight I had half a slice of strawberry cake and I started to feel guilty and I thought, no way. Knowing that this is a lifestyle change and not just temporary has helped me so much. I can't imagine going through my life not ever having a bite of cake and enjoying the flavor of wonderful food, it's just all about moderation now.

And nothing has felt as good as buying a cute new dress and feeling pretty darn confident in it- even daring to wear animal print :laugh:
    ry%3D400
  • pdxmomof2
    pdxmomof2 Posts: 643
    Options
    Congrats! What a wonderful thing to happen! And you look awesome! I would feel the same way if I was in her shoes and seeing you everyday working hard! WTG:drinker:
  • indianagranny
    indianagranny Posts: 863
    Options
    Congratulations - what an awesome feeling! You look awesome!!!!!!!!!!!
  • harleygirl6363
    harleygirl6363 Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    That is amazing I cant wait for someone to say the same things to me that were said to you. Im working hard to get to where you are at. It is a lifestyle change and a super hard one but im working hard to get to that point. CONGRATS again and the dress looks awesome
  • sanifrey
    sanifrey Posts: 2,355 Member
    Options
    How wonderful!! Congratulations!! You look super-cute in that dress!! :drinker:
  • mszSHOGAN
    mszSHOGAN Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    work that zebra OUT girl! :glasses:

You look fabulous! Congratulations on your succes!
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    How wonderful!! Congratulations!! You look super-cute in that dress!! :drinker:

That's great!
    Wooowoooo

That pug is definately the only dog in that picture.

<Whistle>

Looking good lady!
    :drinker:
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    That's so cool!
    :heart:
  • artschoolgirl
    artschoolgirl Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    That's soooooo fantastic!!!! Uh, that makes me want to cry happy tears for you!! Keep motivated & healthy & keep being a fantastic example for everyone!! You look lovely!
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    Nice WW.

I had something similar happen to me the other day, nice when people notice isn't it? :tongue:

Keep the faith lady!
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!!

And I love your dress and shoes! LOVE IT!
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    that is great!!!
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    That is so great! You look amazing & I'm so glad that that girl gave you some outside validation. WTG!!! :flowerforyou:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    WTG! You are working that Zebra!!
  • healthier4me
    healthier4me Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Congratulations:flowerforyou: You look fantastic and thank you so much for sharing:happy: What an inspiration you are:bigsmile:
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,756 Member
    Options
    I'm sure that felt terrific! Way to go with all your hard work, you really look great.
  • cardigirl
    cardigirl Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Really, really awesome! So happy for you! It's always so nice when someone notices your hard work and says something. Surely motivates you to keep going!

Good for you!

You look adorable in that dress BTW!
  • tmarianne
    tmarianne Posts: 16
    Options
    You look AMAZING!
    inspiration for me :)
  • walking
    walking Posts: 5
    Options
    I just started this past week and you have truly motivated me. You look fabulous!! Keep it up girl
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    Great story! You look wonderful in the dress!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!