Your favorite gum/candy of the 80's and 90's

Options

Replies

• BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Chocolate Mint Bubblicious and penny sour candies!
  • BrendaLee
    Options
    Candy cigarettes. Thought they were the coolest.

Yeah right!! And they had the cool little red tip. LOL, how times have changed.

*sigh*

Back when pretending to smoke and chew tobacco was cool. I miss those days. lol
  • pauljsolie
    pauljsolie Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I remember there was a dairy store in La Crescent MN, they had penny hard candies and one of the flavors was Whiskey Sour. We'd buy those and then pretend we were drunk, too funny.
  • BrendaLee
    Options
    I remember there was a dairy store in La Crescent MN, they had penny hard candies and one of the flavors was Whiskey Sour. We'd buy those and then pretend we were drunk, too funny.

Cute.
  • AmoreCouture
    AmoreCouture Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Nik-L-Nips! lol The little wax bottles with juice in the middle.
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Ring Pops! It's a lollipop without a stick, the ring with flavor you can lick. Ring pops!

So enticing every time, even though you knew your hand was inevitably going to get sticky and gross.
  • craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    mw_flying_saucers.jpg
  • Troy67
    Troy67 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    HubbaBubba
    Bottle Caps
    Wax Bottles
    Dots
    Sixlets
    Charleston Chew
    Chunky
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    how sad....I don't think anyones mentioned Cry baby (tears) i used to see how many i could fit in my mouth before i felt like i was going to die from the sour-ness.

<3 them

nerds and sweet tarts were okay tooo but nothing beat a box of cry babies!

114-Cry-Baby-Tears.jpg
  • JeninBelgium
    JeninBelgium Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    290px-Now-and-Laters.jpg

jrancher.jpg

smarties.jpg

will you marry me? Loved now and laters- they wer e 10 cents a pack or 25 cents for 3 packs at school store, and Jolly Ranchers and Smarties are always on the list of things people need to bring me when they are visiting from the states since I now live in belgium
  • JeninBelgium
    JeninBelgium Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    so many good ones mentioned- I know Black Barts (I grew up in Detroit back when it was easy to cross the border and didn't need 17 forms of identity) used to go to Windsor for Aero bars too cause they had been discontinued int he US - we had black jack gum - same thing and it would color your mouth black

snaps!

WHATCHAMACALLIT- excellent

- so many excellent choices!
  • kimmysmith4378
    kimmysmith4378 Posts: 41 Member
    Options

OMG, by zebra gum are you referring to my all-time favorite...

fruit_stripe.jpg

YES, thats the one :bigsmile:
  • KellyKAG
    KellyKAG Posts: 418
    Options
    Candy cigarettes. Thought they were the coolest.

I know, right!! And they had the cool little red tip. LOL, how times have changed.

Visited family in South Dakota last summer and they still had them at the gas station. I was shocked. The scary thing is I'm sure they dont make them any more so those have probably just been sitting there for 20+ years.
  • jodycoady
    jodycoady Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    290px-Now-and-Laters.jpg

jrancher.jpg

smarties.jpg

In Canada Smarties are little chocolates!!
  • jodycoady
    jodycoady Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    I have to say my faves were:

Gum:

Black Bart Gum (I think it was only available in Canada, but it was black Licorice flavoured gum)
    Rain-Blo
    Big League Chew
    Gold Rush (in the little cloth bag)
    Wacky Pack gum (complete with white powder residue, lol)
    Gator Gum (orange flavour)

Candy:
    Bonkers Candy
    Fun Dip
    Belly Buttons
    Those multi-coloured sprinkled chocolate dots the size of a nickel.

What are YOUR faves????

How the hell did you remember Gold Rush? Geez that brings back memories...Lol

And Bazooka Joe Bubble gum.. ;o)

Well I kinda Googled old candy....I can't take the credit of having a good memory...But Reading through this I also forgot to mention the little garbage can with the candy inside...I think there was an old sock, a fish carcass, and a tin can, LOL
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    CannibalisticVegetarian Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    -Fun Dip---Meh but only the stick. Not sure why, but the stick was SOOO tasty!
    - Atomic warheads
    - Now and Laters [ESPECIALLY banana]
    - Laffy Taffy ropes
    -Sour Punch
    -Zebra gum.. Minus those damned temporary tattoos
    -Smarties
    -Tootsie rolls.. the tiny ones.. before they got all hard and broke your teeth. XD
    - I can't name this last candy, but it's still out. There were three flavors/colors: Red, Green, and Blue.. and they were like a gel that you squeeze onto your tongue.. Nothing but pure friggin sugar actually. Only other clue I can give is that they used to sell them in only a handful of stores. One of which was in K-B toy stores.
  • tripitena
    tripitena Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    in the very early 80s there was a chocolate covered caramel bar called Marathon bar.
  • interceptor311
    interceptor311 Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    Big league Chew
  • StatutoryGrape
    Options
    Does anyone else remember that "Aqua Gel" crap? It was blue raspberry-flavored and came in a clear tube. That was my thing when I was six years old.

Also, grape Bubblicious was the *kitten*!
  • interceptor311
    interceptor311 Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else remember that "Aqua Gel" crap? It was blue raspberry-flavored and came in a clear tube. That was my thing when I was six years old.

Also, grape Bubblicious was the *kitten*!

I agree on the grape bubblicious!