Zumba game?

Options
Has anyone found it to be effective? I mean, to get for the Wii or PS3? I can't go to classes as my husband and I both work long hours and alternate days off home with the kids- I'd rather do it in the comfort of my home anyway until I lose some more weight.

Just wondering how people like it/how useful it is.

Thanks!

Replies

• dzinergrl18
    dzinergrl18 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I have Zumba 2 for the Wii and love it! It's a great workout, can set for short, med, or long class and it'll decide the songs for you. I can do a 45 min. routine with it and be exhausted and drenched when I'm done. My kids like to do it with me too, though I have to tie their waist strap in a knot for it to stay on their little waists! You unlock new rewards, get fireworks for getting combo's correct and it keeps track of how you're doing each day. I recommend it definitely, plus you're at home on your own time!
  • sarahs440
    sarahs440 Posts: 405
    Options
    I had it for the Wii and recently got Zumba Rush for the x box Kinect. I wasn't very impressed with the Wii one, but I think I had the 1st one, so maybe the 2nd is better? I LOVE the one for the Kinect, but obviously you asked about the PS3 or Wii. I would say definately try it. I am a Zumba junkie, so I suggest everyone to do it!! lol. Look on Amazon.com you might be able to find it cheaper too ;) I definately get a better work out from the class I go to, but I still drip sweat from the game as well, I just log it as Zumba, medium intensity, while I log my class as high intensity. Another tip, if you don't have a HRM, go to zumbacalories.com and it will calculate your approximate calories burned!
  • Siparato
    Siparato Posts: 1
    Options
    I love the Zumba game. It is a lot of fun and you work up a good sweat. Plus, my kids join me on it so it is excellent family time.
  • Kebby83
    Kebby83 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I have the second one and my kid enjoys doing it with me too. My husband enjoys watching the suggestive moves! (lol).