Bud Select 55 Cal Beer~ too good to be true?

Options
The title pretty much says it. I'm eating pretty healthy, drinking mostly water, and I've been drinking bud select 55 beer when I'm in the mood for something alcoholic. It's so low in calories, compared to every other alcohol-- anyone have a solid reason why it's not so great after all?

(As an afterthought, if anyone has a good recipe for a low cal 'fruity' drink I'd love to hear it. I still can't believe how high calorie mixed drinks are)

Replies

• rob_v
    rob_v Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Vodka & Sugar free Red bull

As for the 55....its not too bad. If I drink it I will now switch between a 55 and a new platinum.

But the V RB is my new drink of choice..
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Bud isn't even beer!:wink:
  • hi3cho
    hi3cho Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Bud Select 55 is only 55 Cal but only 2.4% alcohol by volume whereas most light beer is around 100 cals for 4.5% alcohol. It really depends on what you are looking for. If you are just wanting to be social the 55 is perfect but if you want to feel any effects your better off with the light beer or vodka red bull.
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    IT TASTES AWFUL. and it only has like 2.5% percent alcohol. It's basically watered down beer. You'd have to drink two for it to be like a regular bed select (which is only 95) calories.

Regular Bud Select is my choice if I'm going to be drinking beer (which I usually don't, and stick to clear liquor, my FAVE is vodka &diet tonic)
  • Myles_D23
    Myles_D23 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    If you're drinking something that watered down, might as well drink water. ha. But no they do make fat free alcohol. My girlfriend drinks I believe the brand is Skinny Girl. Makes a bunch of variety of flavors like margrita etc
  • chelsey202
    chelsey202 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I appreciate the feedback; and I just looked up those skinny girl drinks; I'm definitely trying one!
  • doubglass
    doubglass Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Had one. Tastes bad--not like beer at all.
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    Jack and Diet Cola
  • liveonlocation
    liveonlocation Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Jack and Diet or Jack and Water. Only 65 cals for an once and with water youre basically staying hydrated right. ;)
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    Jack and Diet or Jack and Water. Only 65 cals for an once and with water youre basically staying hydrated right. ;)

That's what I'm sayin'!!