new here

katietoole12
katietoole12 Posts: 13
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
Hi,
Just joining. Not extremely motivated at this point, but okay with that. Wading in rather than diving in this time. I always start new "diets' like a gun shot, only to quit a few months later, so maybe the tentative approach will work better.

Replies

• Hi,
    Just joining. Not extremely motivated at this point, but okay with that. Wading in rather than diving in this time. I always start new "diets' like a gun shot, only to quit a few months later, so maybe the tentative approach will work better.
  • EmilyAnn89
    EmilyAnn89 Posts: 564 Member
    good luck!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • roserex
    roserex Posts: 90 Member
    Try not to look at this as a diet but a lifestyle change - just start recording and walking some - see where you are at. In doing mine, I found that sugar is my biggest culprit - so I am now using sugar free creamer in my coffee (that cut out over 3/4 of my sugar intake. Also, trying to eat more veg/fruit/and my bread is now Brownsberry Added Protein bread. Tast good, has good carbs, and lots of protein which I am always low on. These little changes plus walking anywhere from 15 min at lunch only to 30 on an eliptical. I believe these changes will make a huge impact. Start small, No Diets. Good Luck
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    hello and welcome to MFP. I think you will love this site. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, easy to use and everyone here is nice and friendly. I just wanted to wish you much success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!!!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • AJWaddlesOn
    AJWaddlesOn Posts: 39
    I have taken the same approach. For me, the number of pounds seemed so daunting and I have tried so many times. I have been on MFP for 3 weeks now and I am gaining confidence that I CAN do this. Baby Steps I say. Good luck and keep in touch!

AJ
This discussion has been closed.