New to Running

Hey, everyone.

I started the C25K program a few weeks ago and in terms of my endurance, it's really great. My particular question is about the stress I might be putting on my body.

When I'm walking there's the little area on my upper thigh, about an inch below where my thigh meets my hip that feels like it clicks or pops or something. I found that when I'm running and for most of the day afterward, I start to feel moderate amounts of pain right there.

I know that I won't know the exact cause of this unless I see a doctor, but I know that we have a lot of experienced runners on here and I thought that I would ask first what it might be, just to get a general idea.

Also, if any of you know any ways that I can try to alleviate the problem, please share. I would like to try to prevent this from happening or worsening prior to seeing a doctor due to financial constraints.

Thank you all in advance for taking the time to help out a fledgling runner,
Xan

Replies

• ninamm3
    ninamm3 Posts: 107 Member
    You should see a doc...but how are your shoes? Did you get fitted for them? Are they old? *Sometimes* the right shoe makes all the difference.
  • kkjjll
    kkjjll Posts: 31
    my advice be careful, i just was going to start 2 weeks ago and damaged the achiles tendon in my left foot... healing but hurts, but i am determined to try the same thing... so want to run with my daughter by summer end....
    best of luck to you
    karen :)
  • bitty1taz
    bitty1taz Posts: 309 Member
    I had the same kind of pain. If you are making sure you are doing some stretching, I would see about making sure your back and hip area are aligned. Right now I'm getting ready to see a chiropractor because my hips are so jammed up and my back is off.
    It can cause a lot of pain in areas you wouldn't even think about.
    I also say get good shoes. They are a must when running. I found out the hard way.
    Good luck!