"banking" calories

Options
2»

Replies

• ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    So would you go by your"net" calories or the "goal" calories?
    Er, which one do you use daily? Tracking weekly is no different than tracking daily.
  • Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    is there a way for me to see what i average for the week on here? sorry semi new
  • inside_lap
    inside_lap Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Go under reports for weekly view.
  • cindy4mica
    cindy4mica Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Why the hell didn't *I* think of this???
  • billtonkin
    billtonkin Posts: 109
    Options
    That's what I do. Sunday is my "cheat" day. On the iPad or iPhone you can see your weekly stats, not sure on PC, I've never looked for it. On Sundays I just watch my weekly stats and make sure I "catch up" on all my macros. It's usually only about ~600 extra calories to make up.
  • cindy4mica
    cindy4mica Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Based on this process, I can only consume about 900 today, tomorrow & Sunday in order to break even (or exercise a TON). Guess I should've thought about that before eating wings & alcohol 3 times this week! lol
  • methodless
    Options
    Generally speaking, I think this is acceptable.

There are a few situations in which its less than ideal

1) Your body repairs muscle tissue as you sleep, if you don't have the right nutrients to do so, catching up later may work, but likely not as well

2) CARBS! If you consume too many carbs when catching up, you put your body into fat storage mode. The body can only handle about 350-400g of carbohydrate energy before it starts storing it as fat. Of course, you likely burned the fat throughout the other days when you were on lower calories, but why erase progress?

I tend to loosen up on weekends, but try to avoid having more than 300g of carbs in my system at any given time, that way I may not be burning fat, but I am never in fat storage mode reversing the progress I made over the course of the week.