Gave up my fish.

Options
Over the last three weeks I have been nursing a (rather large) bag of swedish fish at my desk. Today, I got rid of it. Gave it away to the wellness director at work. Any suggestions when I have that "need a sweet" fix??!!!

Replies

• adietron
    adietron Posts: 155
    Options
    MANGOES. They are super-duper sweet. If they are out of season, do blueberries, even frozen (they thaw in like 30 seconds in a bowl of water). If you just need something at your desk to chew on, try ice chips or tic-tacs... I keep a box in my desk drawer ;)
  • Robin_Bin
    Robin_Bin Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    Fruit?
    Licorice tea - Stash makes a nice licorice spice caffeine free herbal tea. Licorice is a natural sweetener, so the tea needs no sugar. It's very sweet.

Caveats: I have no association with Stash except as a happy customer. Stash warns that, "Licorice root is not intended for use during pregnancy and while nursing, or if you have heart disease or high blood pressure."

Good luck!

Oh, and as it has no caffeine, most plans will let it count toward your water drinking for the day. And if you are fairly sedentary, you have to get up and make a cup of tea instead of just reaching over and eating something while still sitting at a desk.