question about calories burned etc.

Options
okay so does anyone think it's odd that this program ADDS on the amount of calories you burn during the day to your total allowed caloric intake!?!

i've used other programs and they never did this before. but i really like this one the best!! and that's mostly because i love the people on here!! :flowerforyou:

hope i get some feedback on this...

Replies

• day_dreamr24
    Options
    okay so does anyone think it's odd that this program ADDS on the amount of calories you burn during the day to your total allowed caloric intake!?!

i've used other programs and they never did this before. but i really like this one the best!! and that's mostly because i love the people on here!! :flowerforyou:

I find it a little odd too...the goal is to burn the calories consumed. I usually don't replenish what I burn and stay within my caloric intake regardless of what's burned. Cause you're technically supposed to burn 3500 calories/1 pound of fat. So if you're replenishing it...you're being counterproductive what you just burned...right?
  • cookiesrgood15
    cookiesrgood15 Posts: 72 Member
    Options

I find it a little odd too...the goal is to burn the calories consumed. I usually don't replenish what I burn and stay within my caloric intake regardless of what's burned. Cause you're technically supposed to burn 3500 calories/1 pound of fat. So if you're replenishing it...you're being counterproductive what you just burned...right?

YES that is what i mean!! i'm glad i'm not the only who thinks it's odd.
    i do the same too with not replenishing. thanks for the reply!! :D
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    The reason MFP adds your exercise calories is that the suggested net caloric intake already has a deficit built in based on the information entered when you set up your profile.

The logic behind eating back your exercise calories (or at least a portion of them) is that you want a deficit to lose fat but you also want enough fuel in your tank to do the exercise without feeling like you're running on empty.