What is the hardest part of dieting?

Options
13»

Replies

• CJKDouglas
    CJKDouglas Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I would say 85% of it for me is getting the motivation to workout and pushing through the pain (whenever it`s not dance, cheerleading or swimming since I get bored otherwise) and 15% staying away from bad foods. I usually undereat as opposed to overeat so it is difficult for me to keep up with calories. I`ve read online it takes 21 days to break a habit and I`m on my 24th day of no junk food and I feel amazing, I can look at a piece of cake without any cravings.
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    hardest part is snacking... especially if there's always fresh homemade chocolate chip cookies in the house. =(

Yup. I live with my Grandma who almost always has some kind of cookies and pie in the house. It's really hard to diet when she bakes. >.<
  • small_ninja
    small_ninja Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    The hardest part for me is nutrition - I'd been gymming quite a lot before joining MFP, so the exercise thing is coming pretty natural to me. I'm finding it difficult to eat the "right" types of food; I reckon I need to be a little bit more disciplined about the type of foods I eat to make it easier to stay under my calorie limit. That being said, I've been managing to come under the limit by making sure I get in a bit of exercise if I know I haven't been eating as well as I should have; this site makes everything so much easier :smile:
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    Them: "Why don't you eat grains? Surely you need the .... Health whole grains ... Fibre ... Bible ... Staff of life ..."

Me: "But if I were diagnosed intolerant then it wouldn't be an issue"

Them: "Surely everything in moderation?"

Ad infi****ingnitum.
  • here_I_go_again
    here_I_go_again Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    For me, its portion control. I just love to eat, and have a hard time, even when its healthy food...to just STOP eating. And patience, or lack of it. I want to be at my goal weight now, not later. :explode:
  • Simone_King
    Simone_King Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I would say chaning my habbits from bad snacks to good snacks.

Like I can't go around eating dountus because they are sitting out. I can't go to the snack machine and get something out of there.

I can't eat my calories and then some!

...Let's face it. I can't go out and eat my calories in one sitting.

That's the hardest part for me. Chaning the way I eat so I won't be eating to..eat but to eat so I can live.

Eat to live. Don't live to eat.

That's my biggest challange there.
  • Mrs_Sheila
    Mrs_Sheila Posts: 39
    Options
    The hardest if finding a balance that well... stays balanced! :bigsmile:
  • grimm1974
    grimm1974 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    The hardest part is being patient with the weight loss.
  • stupidloser
    stupidloser Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    For me it's the nutrition. I don't mind working up a sweat but I hate passing up tasty food.
  • Talethia
    Talethia Posts: 7
    Options
    Bump!
  • Impy84
    Impy84 Posts: 430
    Options
    for me it's eating out.
    or eating anywhere near my mother who loves to ask " don't you want a salad"
    * insert evil eye*