Has anyone ever said, "You look good! What're you..."

Options
skierxjes
skierxjes Posts: 938 Member
So, I live 500 miles from home. Each time I've gone home over the past few months, someone says something along the line of, "You're looking good! What are you doing?" To which I tell them using MFP.. Watching my calories and sodium. And I almost always get a reply of, "Oh, well, maybe you should try watching your [insert something else like carbs or sugar]. I'm watching my [blank] now."

Wait, what?

A. You just told me I look good, meaning you can tell a difference that I've lost some pounds. Obviously what I'm doing is working.
B. How long have you been watching your sugar intake? Cause no offense, but you actually look like you put on a couple lbs since I last saw you.

Does anyone else have this problem? It's getting kind of annoying. If my weight loss so far is noticeable, OBVIOUSLY what I've been doing is working. Why are you trying to tell me to do something different?

/rant

Replies

• hapoo100
    hapoo100 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    I usually get "how are you losing weight?" i say "I eat right and exercise" then they say "oh" and have a look like that is way too much work and they thought I was going to give them super secret to make it easy.

happened twice today
  • dsmutch1
    dsmutch1 Posts: 5
    Options
    I know what you mean...keep trying to take weight off and my husband tells me it's no problem.....easy for him to say!::yawn: He doesn't usually notice when I lose weight so it's not very encouraging...I guess I am not doing it for him though..
  • Remi79
    Remi79 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean...keep trying to take weight off and my husband tells me it's no problem.....easy for him to say!::yawn:

My husband says he can lose 5 pounds in a day when he's working. Well good for him, I can't.
  • skierxjes
    Options
    I know what you mean...keep trying to take weight off and my husband tells me it's no problem.....easy for him to say!::yawn:

My husband says he can lose 5 pounds in a day when he's working. Well good for him, I can't.

It's a man thing. I hate that they can drop lbs way faster than we can
  • dsmutch1
    Options
    I hear you ...that is what my husband says too...drives me crazy as he eats everything in sight and never gains weight
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    I usually get "how are you losing weight?" i say "I eat right and exercise" then they say "oh" and have a look like that is way too much work and they thought I was going to give them super secret to make it easy.

happened twice today

I get this all the time. I'm considering coming up with some creative answers that involve aliens.
  • dsmutch1
    Options
    better get to bed, exercise in the morning if I want to start losing!!! Night all.
  • hapoo100
    Options

happened twice today

I get this all the time. I'm considering coming up with some creative answers that involve aliens.

:laugh: :laugh:
    Oh, my weight loss is from the new South Beach Alien Probe Diet
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    Whenever people see my before pictures, they ask me "Is that really you?" I then feel obligated to say, "Naw, just joshing you that's just a random stranger that only looks a little like me"

Then they give me their opinion on how I am doing everything wrong and need to do it their way. Um, why? What I am doing has worked so far!
  • JoolieW68
    Options
    ]

:laugh: :laugh:
    Oh, my weight loss is from the new South Beach Alien Probe Diet

:noway: Hahahah! Or maybe the aliens needed fuel for their fat powered ship and I looked like the right candidate. Made a fortune selling off my fat!
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    Once I went to a new dentist office and had a conversation that went something like this:

Hygienist: "Wow, your teeth are so white, what do you do?"
    Me: "I brush them, that's it".
    Hygienist: "Well, you should really try our zoom whitening, it's awesome".

Um . . . . why?
  • hapoo100
    Options
    how did I lose weight?

oh, Im on the sugar diet. You add 4 tbsp of sugar to all your food. It slowly changes your metabolism. Its weird, you will gain a little first then you lose 10 lbs a week. trust me
  • kleavitt1992
    kleavitt1992 Posts: 592 Member
    Options

happened twice today

ditto happens all the time and i like the alien idea maybe if you come up with a good one you can post it here and we can all start saying it like some conspiracy theory
  • JoolieW68
    Options
    how did I lose weight?

oh, Im on the sugar diet. You add 4 tbsp of sugar to all your food. It slowly changes your metabolism. Its weird, you will gain a little first then you lose 10 lbs a week. trust me

Brilliant.
  • skierxjes
    Options
    how did I lose weight?

Hahaha I might have to try this one
  • kleavitt1992
    kleavitt1992 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    how did I lose weight?

Brilliant.

Lmfao this reminds me of mean girls when the one girl tells rachel mcadams to start eating caltein bars(sp?) to lose weight but they make you gain
  • hapoo100
    Options
    how did I lose weight?

Brilliant.

Lmfao this reminds me of mean girls when the one girl tells rachel mcadams to start eating caltein bars(sp?) to lose weight but they make you gain

oh man, i saw this movie and loved it (please dont tell my guy friends) i subconsciously stole this
  • skierxjes
    Options
    how did I lose weight?

Brilliant.

oh man, i saw this movie and loved it (please dont tell my guy friends) i subconsciously stole this

HAHAHAHAHAHA
  • Monti_e_lmt
    Monti_e_lmt Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    YOU ALL ARE HILARIOUS. I get the carb thing all the time. I have been on a low carb diet before I felt like crap. I do reeeeally good if I count my cals. If I know I can have anything I want if I count it and make up for in exercise, I am so much more likely to stick with my diet! I love the person that tries to help me but they want to go on a diet that the meals are planned out and I CANT STAND THAT. I have serious authority issues. I don't like being told what to eat. That is part of the reason I gained weight, I would sneak and eat after my parents went to bed. Im not blaming them if that's what that sounded like, I am saying I did this to myself because I can't stand to be told what to do. Let me figure it out on my own. Our metabolisms are different, what works for you doesn't work for me and it makes me mad if you try to change what I am doing if it's working and it is. IF I want help I DO ask for it, and I take the advice and do exactly what they say, and unfortunately doing that has got me in tight spots before. I need to quit typing because I am getting mad for no reason.
  • boomboom011
    boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
    Options
    yep but my favorite response from them is "i just dont have time to exercise" and its usually on facebook. really? you dont have time to workout but you have time to facebook?