Sugar

Options
Everyday I am over my "allowed" amount of sugar-- I eat a lot of fruit and yogurt. So, most of my sugar comes from sources like that; not candy, sweets, or treats. How can I lower my sugar intake? I thought I was doing good-- but I am just not so sure anymore....

Any advice?

Replies

• Redheadllena
    Redheadllena Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about high sugar from fruit, it's always good to eat lots of fruits and veggies! :) Just everything in moderation, of course. Any sort of processed sugar is what you should be looking out for.
  • ram4980
    ram4980 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    hey, from what I heard from a nutritionalist, is the 24 grams of sugar is referring to the "added" sugars in processed foods, not the natural sugars found in fruits etc.. hope this helps ... although makes it impossible to account for what's added and what's natural
  • Kristin2984
    Options
    If you currently buy the fruit flavored yogurt maybe you could switch to plain yogurt or greek yogurt for less sugar. There isnt a one size fits all on the correct amount of anything in our diets so if most of your sugar is from fresh fruit, I think you are fine.