I'm starting the C25K tomorrow

Options
hesn92
hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
Wish me luck and tell me not to give up! lol!

Who here has done the couch to 5k?

Replies

• lstnlondry
    lstnlondry Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    You got this! You don't even need luck! I'm on week 4 and its perfect for me! Oh, and don't give up!
  • my2gr8boys
    Options
    Tomorrow I will be doing my final run in week 4. I was never a runner, but I love it!! You can do it! Good luck!! :smile:
  • princeza9
    princeza9 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    You rock!! I'm doing Week 3 Day 2 tomorrow!
  • thinktank32k
    Options
    Me. I am finishing my a second round to increase my speed. I started out not being able to run 1 minute and now can run 3 miles. I am not fast but I manage. And all of a sudden I look forward to my run days. Enjoy it, u can do it
  • heatherlittle80
    Options
    I just started it today!!! Good luck to you!!
  • RedHotRunner
    RedHotRunner Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I have not, but did my own version of it (I don't know if it was around when I started running). I now run 1/2 marathons every few months. Good luck, enjoy and most of all, make it FUN!
  • MandaJean83
    MandaJean83 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    You can totally do this, girl!

I am in week 4, just completed day 2 today. It'll seem SO hard at first, but it really does get easier! Friend me, we can support each other!
  • Nicci93
    Nicci93 Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I started recently!! I did Week Two, Day One today!! Best of luck!!!!
  • lilbitsc89
    lilbitsc89 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I started the C25k program monday so tomorrow will be week 1, workout 3 for me. You can do it! friend me and we can follow each other's progress :smile:
  • Angie1215
    Angie1215 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    i love c25k!! just finished w6d2...been on w 6 for a little longer than i should be but i'm scared of d3!! :blushing: c25kers add me!! :smile:
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 7 - go for it! Just follow the program, even in the early stages when you feel like you can do more. When it gets harder, don't be afraid to slow down - slow & steady! I ran 2.5 miles/25 minutes non-stop today - no way I could have done that 7 weeks ago! :smile:
  • MrsMuffinRun
    Options
    I am on Week 5, doing day 2 today! A tad scared about it! Friend me, it keeps you going watching other people's progress.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Well I did the first day about an hour ago and much to my surprise, it was pretty easy! I guess I'm in better shape than I thought I was. Especially considering the fact that I haven't worked out in a week and a half from being sick. Yayyy.
  • GMC_81
    GMC_81 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    How's it going for you all?
    I'm on w3d1 tomorrow and looking forward to it really.
    Have join a c25k group to keep motivated ( http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/3908-kathy-s-c25k-group ) but would be great to add more "friends" so feel free to add me if you wish.
  • chocaholic38
    Options
    I'm on week 8 and jogging for 28 minutes non stop - I thought it would be impossible but it's not. Don't put yourself off by looking at whats ahead. Just take it minute by minute, run by run and before you know it you'll be there - Best of luck
  • L00py_T0ucan
    L00py_T0ucan Posts: 1,378 Member
    Options
    When it gets harder, don't be afraid to slow down - slow & steady!

^ Agree with this poster. I re-did a few weeks for more than the 3 days, plus I made sure to run really slowly if I was having trouble.
    I now have my eyes on a half and just did my first 9 mile run this past wkend. I'm 100% sure you can do it! :flowerforyou:

Good luck...I know you can do it!
  • cessnaholly
    cessnaholly Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I went from 2 broken ankles to C25K. You can do it. And there will be days that may be harder than others. Everyone has running off days. The key is to not give up. And if you give up in the middle of a day, don't sweat it. Just do that day again until you can finish. I had to redo several days. But now I just finished W4.

Good luck!
  • Clare_C
    Clare_C Posts: 4
    Options
    I did the C25K back in 2008 and was never a runner previously. I'm running around 15-20 miles per week now!
  • TMusumeche
    TMusumeche Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I just started yesterday as well. I couldn't get threw the whole jogging time but I tried. Since you only start with 3 days week. I might redo W1D1 again today.
  • Heidi_M78
    Heidi_M78 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I am starting today.

Good luck and don't give up:wink: