limited movement need excersise alternatives

Options
Hello, I'm new to MFP and have Reumatoid Arthritis and Crohns. I get flare ups and badly swollen joints that make strenuous excersise difficult. I'm taking high doses of steroids for these diseases, which makes me gain weight. I have a glider machine that I have devised quite a routine on it...I jog, (hands free) do upper body excersise while gliding, all kinds of stuff like that, I do this to really upbeat music which helps. If you see on my page that I've done Cross country skiing...this is the closest excersise I could find to match what I do on my machine. When I'm not flaring, I ride a bike, and hike & walk trails. I garden, I'm concerned that these things wont be enough to melt off the body fat & shape my body. Compared to some stuff I've been reading that others are doing. Is this going to be enough? And are there any other things you guys can suggest. Thanks in advance. {:o)

Replies

• lisapisa1
    lisapisa1 Posts: 115
    Options
    I think the best thing for you might be to get a heart rate monitor. By using a heart rate monitor you can see exactly how many calories you are burning while you're doing the exercises you already know work for you.

And I think it's awesome that even with some of the challenges you have to find exercise that works for you, that you are still dedicated to being active. That's probably the biggest asset you can have is your attitude :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!