slimfast 3,2,1 plan

Options
Anybody out there have you tried the slim-fast 3 2 1 plan and if so How do you like it - just curious I hear the pros and cons about it

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I could never do it - I need real FOOD!! The chocolate shakes are pretty good though.
  • wdruker
    wdruker Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I've had the shakes (the mocha one) for between meals. Yes, I know it says it can "satisfy" your appetite for up to 4 hours, but that isn't the case with me. I would starve if I had to drink one of those in place of a meal. It just wouldn't happen. So I use them when I am driving in the car and have to rush from place to place. It's better than a bag of chips or other crap.
  • BrienJD
    BrienJD Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    I can't replace what is it, two meals a day with this? I'll drink one in place of lunch so at least I have SOMETHING in my stomach and don't skip a meal. I have to have at least two good meals and snacks. These things might work in the short term, but I'd go nuts if I had to do it like they want you to.
  • alegrria72
    Options
    I made it about a week... some of their meal recipes are quite tasty but I had a hard time with the shakes and bars. I don't really think it's meant to be a long term plan but it may be able to help you get started. Good luck!
  • devin6xxx
    Options
    i started this 3 days ago though i only buy the meal bars, snack wise i eat 3, 100 cal. snacks a day (veggies or even the 100 cal snack packs you find in the cracker isle) and for dinner i eat 300-500 cal. meals. so i only need two meal bars a day (20 bucks for two weeks) and am still able to learn to track my calories with real foods:) ive lost 4 Ibs in 3 days but i also workoit every night with jullian michaels 30-day shred
  • savagecorey2
    savagecorey2 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    i wouldn't really recommend it. If you are trying to loose weight fast for an event around the corner okay....
    But my experience was that i was always hungry. which sucked. i lost a lot of weight. I think at one point i lost 6 pounds within a week but the second i started eating normal i gained it all back. id just stick with eating within your calorie range. i think the slim fast thing is not a realistic plan when you are trying to change your weight for long term benefits.
  • 30ismyyear
    30ismyyear Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    It never satisfied me and for the cost...I would rather buy real food. I always felt hungry and felt like I was being deprived in a sense. As just a breakfast shake, I can handle since I don't eat much in the morning but I don't waste my money anymore.