DISAPPOINTED in the people of MFP!

I must say I am a little disappointed.

I don't typically post topics on the message boards because I'm always afraid of not getting any feedback and the other day I posted to get some advice because I have been having a slightly difficult time over the past few weeks and exactly what I was afraid of happening happened! Not one person gave me feedback or advice!

I understand that there's tons of posts every minute but I always see people getting support from other members and it's rare I see a only 1 post topic.

I still love MFP, I was just hoping for a different outcome when I made myself a little vulnerable by posting my own topic with pictures to get some advice. :frown:

Replies

• Meeperslove
    Meeperslove Posts: 118 Member
    I am sorry. I had my intro topic get no responses yesterday so I know how you feel. Hugs!
  • fitby38
    fitby38 Posts: 307 Member
    and then you see the dumbest posts with 1387 responses .... hmmm ... :ohwell:
  • EuroReady
    EuroReady Posts: 199 Member
    Link it here?? Sadly, I think I'm too new to mfp to give any valid answers though. But, even as a noob, I can try.
  • leadoff
    leadoff Posts: 136 Member
    does a BUMP count? :) What was the advice you were looking for?
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,423 Member
    Sometimes it just happens that way - if you want a response try bumping it up at a different time of day. It might be that you posted at a really busy time when topics move through the "recent" list really fast. Or a slow time when no many people were around.
    Or maybe people didn't have good answers for you.
    Give me a link to the topic and if I have an idea, I'll answer it!
    And just some friendly advice - people can get a bit put out by being told off ("I'm disappointed in you" sounds like the beginning of a scolding", you would probably have got more responses posting your question again, maybe wording it in a different way.

And another thought - you might get a better response posting on your wall for your friends to comment on.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    So whats going on with your weight loss?
    What questions do you have?
  • Jess11079
    Jess11079 Posts: 26
    what help were you looking for.....repost it here
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Sometimes no response can be better than the rude responses people seem to be leaving lately. :frown: MFP doesn't feel as nice of a place as it used to be.
  • CallmeSbo
    CallmeSbo Posts: 611 Member
    Sometimes it just happens that way - if you want a response try bumping it up at a different time of day. It might be that you posted at a really busy time when topics move through the "recent" list really fast. Or a slow time when no many people were around.
    Or maybe people didn't have good answers for you.
    Give me a link to the topic and if I have an idea, I'll answer it!
    And just some friendly advice - people can get a bit put out by being told off ("I'm disappointed in you" sounds like the beginning of a scolding", you would probably have got more responses posting your question again, maybe wording it in a different way.

And another thought - you might get a better response posting on your wall for your friends to comment on.
    this
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Post your question again. Also, I recommend opening up your diary if you have diet-specific questions or you won't get much help
  • BrienJD
    BrienJD Posts: 541 Member
    Don't feel too bad, try reposting or bumping your post. Truthfully, I don't always have too much time to peruse the community boards and depending on when I get on I only see the latest and greatest and respond to them.....like now!

I don't think it's because people don't care about helping you.
  • courtneymal17
    courtneymal17 Posts: 672 Member
    Honestly? As much as it sucks, it happens. I've posted things that have gotten overwhelming responses. But on the same token I've posted a LOT of stuff that has gotten crickets. It happens. Just ask it here now that you've gotten people's attentions :)
  • vsmurrow
    vsmurrow Posts: 145
    Chill, bro...
  • izzydino
    izzydino Posts: 254 Member
    that happens to me too.... I know it how irritating it is. Just hang in there!
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    I don't actually troll the forums, I just click on headlines from time to time on the side of my home page. This is probably the case for a lot of people. So, I doubt anyone was actively ignoring you, but if you happened to post at a high volume time, it may have gotten lost in the shuffle and few people happened to read it.

Here are a few suggestions: first, try searching to make sure your question hasn't already been answered in depth. Second, read through a few threads that have a lot of responses and pick out a few people that aren't *kitten* and whose answers are logical. Try sending one of those people a direct message or a friend request.

I'd be happy to try and answer your question if I knew what it was, although I freely admit I'm not an expert.

I don't look back at threads, so feel free to message me. Good luck on your journey!
  • ster81
    ster81 Posts: 249
    might have just been the wrong time of the day... still sorry to hear that... post your question again, you got my attention =P
  • CalJur
    CalJur Posts: 627 Member
    It happens. Just re-post the question or try a different forum. Many times simply changing the topic line makes a huge difference. Just think how many forum topics are posted daily. Make your topic stand out so people respond. Moreover, become more of regular on the forums so people know you and take an interest in what you have to say or post.
  • gazz777au
    gazz777au Posts: 157 Member
    I don't see every post. Don't be disappointed with all of us, just the ones that did see it and knew they had to answer but held back.

I'm ok if you get to know me :)

Hope you get what you are looking for !
  • ster81
    ster81 Posts: 249
    might have just been the wrong time of the day... still sorry to hear that... post your question again, you got my attention =P

What's up man how you doing?, has been a while.
    wsup brotha... been good just relaxing at work and looking at random post during down time lol. How you been