Did anyone elses skin break out when they changed their diet

Options
It might just be a big coincedence, but funnily enough when I was eating whatever I wanted all the time (crap, basically) my skin was quite clear. For the last couple of weeks, since I've started counting calories and eating healthy, my skin has just gotten so bad, I'm breaking out like crazy, it hasnt done this in a long time.

Not sure if they could be related, has this happened to anyone else? I know it doesnt make sense but the two seemed to coincide. I thought my skin would clear up with a better diet!

Thank you anyone who can give me any advice :)

Replies

• longhop
    longhop Posts: 35
    Options
    It hasnt happened to me but my girlfriend skin did the same when she has started eating healthy. Not sure if its related or not?
  • Pinkmaddycat
    Pinkmaddycat Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    How long has your skin been bad, i tend to find if i had a bad patch of eating, like more than a few days, weeks, then go back to being really good and healthy my skin can get like this, something to do with all the toxins escaping i think!!

Hopefully you will see an improvement soon and it'll be worth it
  • katiej122
    katiej122 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    That makes sense :) Bummer though..

And I'm glad I'm not the only one!

Thanks guys xx
  • katiej122
    Options
    How long has your skin been bad, i tend to find if i had a bad patch of eating, like more than a few days, weeks, then go back to being really good and healthy my skin can get like this, something to do with all the toxins escaping i think!!

Hopefully you will see an improvement soon and it'll be worth it

Hopefully! Part of the reason I wanted to be healthy was for my skin...it was fairly good before, but I had been eating junk for months, so there must have been a whole lot of toxins all over the place, so I guess its not too surprising
  • sammycool1986
    sammycool1986 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I've founf this too : ( I have ben drinking tons of water but still getting spots!
  • katiej122
    Options
    Yes! I've been guzzling water like crazy hoping it will fix it, and washing my face every day like normal....I will try the lemon water thank you Katem78 :) smart idea
  • katem78
    katem78 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    try it and let me know how you're doing.

i started this morning and even the thought that it does good inside of me, makes me feel better!

you can read on the internet all the benefits it has for your body!!!
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    it sounds like your body has got used to bad food and gotten into a hormonal pattern thats kept your skin cleaner, now your dieting the hormones are changing and the toxins are finally releasing, you should see it clear up in a month or so

what she said.....
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    also, try looking up the oil cleansing method....i do this and my skin has never looked so good!
  • swisspea
    swisspea Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Before you get any expensive creams, check this out: http://vivavoomz.blogspot.com/2010/09/article-what-your-pimples-tell-you.html and read the bit at the bottom. I'm not sure of the source of the info, but it was SO eye-opening for me, and I think every breakout sufferer needs to have a look at this.

I looked into where my breakouts were happening (corner of the mouth), and I saw that it corresponded to eating a lot of spicy foods- I stopped eating too much spice and the breakouts stopped. Then I remembered back to my early teens when my acne was primarily on the sides of my nose (linked to reproductive health and periods) and once I started the birth control pill, these breakouts stopped.
  • katem78
    katem78 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    great Article

THANK YOU!!
  • xASHYxSMASHYx
    xASHYxSMASHYx Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    lots of things can cause your skin to break out, but if you are eating healthier and exercising you will eliminate toxins through your skin which can definitely cause breakouts.
  • swisspea
    swisspea Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    You're welcome, I should have shared it earlier! whoops.
    great Article

THANK YOU!!
  • katiej122
    Options
    Thank you this is all really helpful :)
  • RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    Could be a number of reasons...probably hormonal and probably as a result of dietary changes. Regardless, it's probably temporary. get a good face scrub, oil and dirt impurities drawing clay mask or similar and keep you skin clean. If you've also begun working out, that;s often a cause, from sebaceous & sweat glands getting blocked up with the salts drying on your skin. Give it a week or 2 looking after your skin properly, if it doesn't clear up AT ALL (I'm not talking totally gone) then go see your GP for advice. Don't revert to crap eating. You can hide spots with concealer but you can't internally conceal bad health from your own body.
  • katiej122
    Options
    Definitely not going back to crap eating! I'm willing to put up with bad skin for healthy insides :)
  • Pezii
    Pezii Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    That same thing happened to me but it went away after about a week and a half.
  • lilvixen84
    lilvixen84 Posts: 100
    Options
    great Article. thank you so much. i will stay off the drink and see what happens :smile: