St Patricks Day ! Calling All Irish ........ !!!

Options

Replies

• MaggiePuccini
    MaggiePuccini Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I'm Irish and I'm taking the children to see a local parade! I definitely won't be drinking tomorrow and I definitely definitely won't be eating corned beef! yuck! is that perceived as being an Irish dish? gross. I don't eat cabbage, but very fond of leeks and "pookies". what county am I from!!!!????
  • nniimmcckk
    nniimmcckk Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    My Daddy's Irish, from County Meath. Will be celebrating in Thaxted Essex. Our local has an Irish band on. sláinte!
    Agree Happy PADDYS day! x
  • kayhatlen
    kayhatlen Posts: 46
    Options
    I'll be making Grandma O'Brien's Irish Potato soup today or tomorrow. Already had the corned beef and cabbage at parent's. Going out to a local pub for some beer & cheer tomorrow night.

Éirinn go Brách! :bigsmile:
  • LauraSmyth28
    LauraSmyth28 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Imagine I did Gaeilge in school for 14 years and I don't know what Éirinn go Brách means. Does it mean lovely Ireland? The way the language it taught in our schools is a disgrace.

Anyway, Póg mo thón, agus an bhfuil cead agam dul go dtí an leithreas?

Bet any Irish speakers are laughing, and bet google translate gets that wrong.
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    Heard of this?.......................................Caseysirishpub.com
    The Pickle Back
    Jameson Irish Whiskey chased with a shot of our home-made pickle juice
    ??
  • runderhi
    runderhi Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Skitting laughing at Tringlexxx !!! -

Thanks for all the posts so far

To all the USA folks on here where did the 'St. Pattys' come from ? Its St Patricks Day or Paddys day.

Is that what you have always known it as ? I am just curious :)
  • MaggiePuccini
    MaggiePuccini Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Just an Americanisation I guess. We do shorten it to Paddy's day. Patty sounds like a beefburger though!!! (to my ear).
    St Patty's day - NATIONAL beefburger day!!!
  • slimby2012
    Options
    Il be ina pub in Dublin :)
  • ericalynn104
    ericalynn104 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    GAHHH!!! I need to turn 21!!!! I will thoroughly enjoy having Irish roots!!! :happy:
  • Schnuddelbuddel
    Schnuddelbuddel Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna call myself Irish for the topic! Came here (here being Ireland!) 12 years ago and just couldn't fathom to move back home to Germany ;D

It'll be a great weekend again, if only the rain would bloody stay away!!!!!! SO typical to start just in time.

And happy calorie burning, doing a bit of the old 'yoga' ;P

IRISHYOGA.jpg
  • avaloneternal
    Options
    You're in luck, I'm Irish (I am wearing a pin tomorrow that says that). I am celebrating in BC :)
  • ClascyParra
    Options
    I'm not Irish but married myself a nice Irish boy (family is from Cork). Mother in law will be cooking of course...and I'll be trying my best not to overindulge in her corned beef and cabbage (oh my....i just drooled at the thought of this meal!! LOL)

Oh and I forgot to say that we are celebrating here in New York!!!
    Happy St. Patrick's Day all!!!
  • blondejillie
    blondejillie Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Raising a glass at Auld Dubliner....:drinker:
    May neighbors respect you, trouble neglect you, the angels protect you, and heaven accept you!
  • scorpiomfs
    scorpiomfs Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I was born in Cork and have lived in New Zealand for 2 and a half years and now live in the UK with my soon-to-be Irish husband (also from Cork). We have a little boy who is 2 next month and he was born here in England but is Irish to the core

...........................................................................................................

my faternal grandmother was from cork came to United States in 1910. Her last name was walsh.

3 out of 4 grandparents were from Ireland my maternal grandfather was from Naples Italy.

always been an irish girl even have a irish name.

Happy St. Patricks Day......

Mo
  • forgtmenot
    forgtmenot Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    My Maternal grandmother was full Irish (red hair and all), and my paternal grandmother is half so I guess that would make me 1/3 Irish?

I live in Jackson, Mississippi

I have to work on St. Paddy's day unfortunately :( I'd be going to the annual St. Paddy's parade downtown if I wasn't though.
  • Scarlettdawn764
    Scarlettdawn764 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Will be celebrating my Irish heritage with a huge kettle of Potato Soup and Soda Bread (although as the heating element is out in my oven I'll be experimenting with cooking my Soda Bread batter on a griddle stovetop. Hope it works out okay!) Hope everyone enjoys the holiday!
  • noemike
    noemike Posts: 61
    Options
    i'm a something generation Irish/Native American Mutt. I wear a claddagh (spelling?) for my wedding ring. I am proud to be of Irish descent !!! I will be at home with my family in Cincinnati OH eating green ravoli and drinking green beers. I would love to visit Ireleand one day.
  • JPPNole
    JPPNole Posts: 6
    Options
    My first & middle name is John Patrick, the military doctor who delivered me happened to be Irish, John Patrick Malloy (yes, my parents actually named me John, instead of Philip because of this), my eyes are green, my parents and 3 sisters either were blue or brown-eyed and most importantly to this thread my birthday is on St. Patricks Day. :bigsmile: Kiss me, I'm Irish!! :bigsmile:

Beannacht De ort (God's blessing on you)
  • skadoosh33
    skadoosh33 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Gonna be celebrating in the mile high city tomorrow.
  • SueStubbs
    SueStubbs Posts: 17
    Options
    Ill be going to church then my church having a dinner afterwards. Go figure my church name St. Patrick's lol