Help with High Calorie Foods pls :)

Options
LorahJo
LorahJo Posts: 151 Member
Good Morning
I was just curious and wondering if anyone could help at all.

I've been on here since around the 9th January - first month was amazing I lost 18lbs mainly due to the fact I was now consious of what I was eating and I did Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred.

And now just over 1 month on - the scales have not moved at all.... not budged ...

I did up to Day 17 of Ripped in 30 and got disheartened the scale wasn't moving so I stopped. I've not gone over my calorie limit at least once but I admit I find it soo hard to eat all my calories some days after excersing I've only netted 300 calories and the thought of eating anything more makes me want to vomit ...

I know no one is going to have the magic wand to help me shed again but I was curious if any of you guys have any high calorie yummy foods you think would help and not give me the bloated sicky feeling like I've munched out and eaten my entire body weight lol
I also do not like fish or cheese :/
Love loveeeee chicken so really any new chickeny type ideas will be greatly appreciated.

MFP have set me at 1210 calories a day (which I kind of read is the normal minium setting?)

Thank you for your time :)

Lorah

Replies

• Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Netting 300 is really bad.
    You need to be netting on 30DS or any of those programs, closer to 1600-2k.

Are you on a 1200 cal setting?
  • hope516
    hope516 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    avacado!!! I could eat it like an apple!!
  • LorahJo
    Options
    Netting 300 is really bad.
    You need to be netting on 30DS or any of those programs, closer to 1600-2k.

Are you on a 1200 cal setting?

Sorry yes I should of posted how many Im set at ... I'll edit that :)

Yes 1210 calories
    I also walk to work and back each day which totals 90 minutes of walking a day and with my weight currently stuck at 200.4 lbs

( so without consioucly exercising I'm still burning alot of calories by walking )
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    How tall are you and how much do you weigh?
    I'll post what you should be eating daily to lose just fat.
    At 1200 if done incorrectly youll probably lose quite a bit of lean mass and that will set you back a couple months.
  • Kirsty_UK
    Kirsty_UK Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    a google search for "high calorie foods" can bring up quite a lot, but here goes...
    - oils - so olive oil etc
    - pesto
    - nuts
    - pine nuts
    - seeds
    - avocado
  • GalaxyDuck
    GalaxyDuck Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    When you first start a new routine, it's pretty normal not to lose any weight on it for up to two weeks or so as your body adjusts to it. This may be why you didn't notice any weight loss during your 17 days of the 2nd JM DVD. I know I was losing consistently for a few months but when I started 30DS, it came to a grinding halt for about a week and a half, then started kicking back it.

If you open up your food diary, we may be able to offer more useful advice on food.
  • LorahJo
    Options
    How tall are you and how much do you weigh?
    I'll post what you should be eating daily to lose just fat.
    At 1200 if done incorrectly youll probably lose quite a bit of lean mass and that will set you back a couple months.

Hi thanks Dan!

I am just a fraction under 5 ft 7 current weight 200.4 lbs
    ( since joining and doing the shred I lost 18lbs and alot of inches - I know sometimes the scale isn't the best thing to go by but after a month of no movement it sucks my plateau is offically here )

If you want my measurements (not sure if it would help lol )

heres a link to the post I did about the 30DS http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/483520-jillians-30ds-before-and-afters
  • qkidney
    qkidney Posts: 258
    Options
    Bump - interested to see response to this. I've also been stuck for a while so I upped my calories a little to see if that helps (thanks to advice from Helloitsdan!)
  • Mabohlale
    Mabohlale Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter on whole grain toast and a glass of milk is a great one! :tongue:
  • dsagaties1963
    Options
    Hope is right Avacado is very high, I must admit at first I didn't like it but I always tell my grandchildren, try a bit each time, and soon you'll not just like it but love it!! That how I had to do it with the avacado, baby bites, now when i'm really low I can eat a whole one, also I love chicken. Try chicken salad with more stuff added into it. I don't know if you make it or buy or even eat it but I've added tomatoes, lettuce, celery, onions, and if I need the extra calories, I'll add some grapes or toasted walnuts for crunch. Not bad, at first when people told me that I said ewwww, but I love the sweet and the crunch it satisfies a lot of different things. There was one back home I loved called Willow tree chicken salad, every time I go home for a visit I have to have some their secret a few spoonfuls of brown sugar added in! Not big on sugar but sure am on that recipe!
  • dsagaties1963
    Options

So true I have done this a couple of times also, not a big milk drinker so I add Jillian Micheals triple chocolate whey protein to eat with milk and crushed ice!!
  • LorahJo
    Options
    avacado!!! I could eat it like an apple!!

I'll get some aftr work and have a try :)
  • LorahJo
    Options

I do that sometimes with nutella :) unfortunately i do not like peanuts/nuts :(
  • Javajunkie67
    Javajunkie67 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    One of my favorites with avocado

Chicken breast cooked and chopped
    Half an avocado chopped
    1 Roma tomato chopped
    2-3 green onions chopped
    2 TBS bacon bits or two slices of turkey bacon chopped real well

Mix/toss until combined, season with salt, pepper or herbs if you prefer.

Mash the other half of the avocado and mix with 1/4 cup of yogurt. Add water as needed to get the consistancy you like.

Salsa is a good substitute for the yogurt when you want spice, just leave the bacon out --- yucky

You can eat this with bread, a pita or on a salad. It does taste better if left to sit for a few hours in the fridge
  • Mabohlale
    Mabohlale Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    On pinterest I saw a recipe where you halve an avocado, take out the pit, crack an egg in the hole and bake it in the oven to cook the egg and make the avo creamy. Sounds super yum to me!