Cereal

Options
So I like to have cereal for breakfast every morning, but I like to change it up every week or two.
What are some good tasting, low-sugar cereals?

Thanks! :)

Replies

• MariarR33
    MariarR33 Posts: 69
    Options
    Oatmeal is the best cereal you can have. Top it off with some frozen fruits and you are good to go. Shredded Wheat is also good for you. Just look at the nutrition labels and ingrediants. The fewer ingrediants, the better. Cereal is not always the best choice because it si loaded with stuff your body doesn't need. The better you feed your body, the more it will work for you.
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    My favorites...

Special K- Vanilla Almond, Cinnamon Pecan
    Honey Bunches of Oats- Pecan, Strawberry
    Raisin Bran- Cinnamon Almond
    Cheerios- Honey Nut, Fruity

:D
  • kyylieeeeee
    kyylieeeeee Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I used to eat cereal every day, and I seriously am addicted to it-- breakfast cereal is totally my favorite food! haha. And I found I could not lose any weight or inches-- the scale and tape measure wouldn't budge for 3 months. Then I stopped eating cereal for breakfast every day (now I limit myself to 1-3 times a week), and have dropped about 8 pounds since then.

Obviously this wasn't the answer you're looking for, but just some food for thought.

As far as filling, nutritious, and low-sugar cereals, I really like Newman's Own cereals, plain Total cereal with fresh fruit on top, and I also really like Kellogg's Cracklin Oat Bran-- this is pretty high calorie/fat/sugar, BUT unlike any other cereal, a serving of this keeps me full until lunch.

Another way to keep breakfast cereal lower in sugar is to use unsweetened almond or soy milk instead of cow's milk-- I eat A LOT of dairy anyways, so I found that eliminating cow's milk (and replacing it with almond or soy) in the morning helped me cut back on dairy intake and on sugar, since there is a lot of natural sugar in cow's milk.