Weak during some workouts...

Options
I just wanted to share this. Earlier in the week I felt that I was weak during 2 consecutive days while working out. Even abdominal work was weaker and sluggish. Mind you, I am below my recommended calories but do not feel hungry. I increased my calories (still remaining below) and chose primarily protein foods (tuna, egg whites, some cottage cheese.) This change really made the difference to me!!! I feel awesome again and am planning a 58 mile bike ride tomorrow. I am going around Oneida Lake - ON MY MOUNTAIN BIKE. I have to make it home in time for the SU game. I plan to bring plenty of electrolyte rich fluids and some bars and fruit to eat along the way. Wish me luck!!!!!

Replies

• secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    The added protein makes a HUGE difference, right?? Good luck on your bike ride!! That sounds like a tough one. We did something similar here in CT last year, 58 miles is a long way to go on a mountain bike. Oneida lake is beautiful, at least you will enjoy the scenery :) You are gonna sleep well tomorrow night!!
  • dtpss188
    dtpss188 Posts: 85
    Options
    Lobster, thanks for your support. The protein is key!!

I did switch my mountain tires over to 1.5 inch mountain bike "slicks" which helps with the resistance. But, it will be a killer. My goal is to do that ride once per month through at least August.

I do the ride in memory of my brother Colonel Adrian C. "Kermit" Pone'. The best big brother a guy could have! He was a goal setter, a hard worker, a great husband and dad. My inspiration.