Benefits of milk

Options
SoupNazi
SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
Hello everyone! Hope your weekend is going great! I just read this article in USA weekend this morning and I thought I'd share. The article was found in the FitSmart section and was written by Jorge Cruise. I won't quote verbatim.
In a study that appeared in the "American Journal of Clinical Nutrition" young men who drank fat free milk after exercising gained nearly 40% more muscle mass than those who drank a soy beverage and gained more than 60% more muscle mass than those who consumed a sweetened sports drink.
Plus, the milk drinkers lost more body fat in a 12 week period - nearly 4 times more than the soy-drinking group and 60% more than those that had sports drinks.
"Milk contains two types of proteins, whey and casein, that are the highest quality proteins known, They contain all of the essential amino acids, the necessary building blocks of proteins in our bodies." says Staurt M Phillips, a professor at McMaster University in Ontario and the lead author of the study.

I knew milk was good for you, but I was never aware how effective it could be after a workout! It really does do a body good!:drinker:

Replies

• SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! Hope your weekend is going great! I just read this article in USA weekend this morning and I thought I'd share. The article was found in the FitSmart section and was written by Jorge Cruise. I won't quote verbatim.
    In a study that appeared in the "American Journal of Clinical Nutrition" young men who drank fat free milk after exercising gained nearly 40% more muscle mass than those who drank a soy beverage and gained more than 60% more muscle mass than those who consumed a sweetened sports drink.
    Plus, the milk drinkers lost more body fat in a 12 week period - nearly 4 times more than the soy-drinking group and 60% more than those that had sports drinks.
    "Milk contains two types of proteins, whey and casein, that are the highest quality proteins known, They contain all of the essential amino acids, the necessary building blocks of proteins in our bodies." says Staurt M Phillips, a professor at McMaster University in Ontario and the lead author of the study.

I knew milk was good for you, but I was never aware how effective it could be after a workout! It really does do a body good!:drinker:
  • cottrell22
    Options
    I read that same article! I found it very interesting! Thanks for posting :smile:
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    I didn't read the article, so thanks for posting.

Did you know that there has been extensive research on milk or dairy products (mostly milk and yogurt) in the last decade and the research is showing that the one thing most people cut out of their diet is actually beneficial to their diet.

We loose more fat
    Of course our bones are happier
    and for the ladies, more calcium = reduced pms symptoms!! :love:

who could ask for more? :happy: :happy: :happy: