1st day with my Polar F6

Options
sonjavon
sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
Well - not really, it's my 2nd day... yesterday was my first day and I just wore it all day monitoring how many calories I burned on an "average" day - without exercise.

Today I wore it for the first time while walking... I had my "ownzone" set for moderate because I haven't been exercising much for the last couple of weeks... I was surprised to see that I have a tendency to exercise in the high end of my moderate target zone. It's really nice to have the extra feedback... and to find out that my treadmill's been "robbing" me of calories burned! LOL!

Going to try working out on the hard zone tomorrow... may not make it more than a few minutes... but I'm interested to see how "hard" it actually is!

Replies

• sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    Well - not really, it's my 2nd day... yesterday was my first day and I just wore it all day monitoring how many calories I burned on an "average" day - without exercise.

Today I wore it for the first time while walking... I had my "ownzone" set for moderate because I haven't been exercising much for the last couple of weeks... I was surprised to see that I have a tendency to exercise in the high end of my moderate target zone. It's really nice to have the extra feedback... and to find out that my treadmill's been "robbing" me of calories burned! LOL!

Going to try working out on the hard zone tomorrow... may not make it more than a few minutes... but I'm interested to see how "hard" it actually is!
  • mbmempireranch
    Options
    I Love my Polar F6 ! I am currently doing Chalene Extreme and had no idea how many calories I was burning, thus having to estimate.. For instance today I burned 409 calories on the Burn Intervals DVD ... it really motivates you to work out that's for sure ;)

So glad you like it ;)

:bigsmile:
  • anirlz
    anirlz Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I have a Polar F11 and I love it. It is great to know exactly what you are burning and how long you have spent in each zone. It is also great to know how many of the calories you burned were considered "fat" calories. I use mine for all types of situations (Mowing, running, walking, biking) to get an accurate count and enter it into myfitnesspal :)