To eat the reuben, or not to eat the reuben.

Options

Replies

• bcampbell54
    bcampbell54 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    Eat the Reuben. There is no other answer.
  • reaolliemama
    reaolliemama Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I would totally eat the reuben. If you want to try to be a little healthier you could always go for the turkey reuben!

:noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: No, No... that's just wrong!:noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway:
  • Shelbert79
    Shelbert79 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    :tongue: Yum! Reuben!
  • mamamc03
    mamamc03 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Hmm...that is a tricky question....however...Rueben's are not irish...they are German/American based.
    :) However for yummy's sake....just use turkey & not a ton of kraut. & mustard not thousand island. ;)
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    If it's from Arbys? No. Make your own healthier version!
    Huh? Who would eat a reuben from Arby's?
  • semeyer
    semeyer Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I LOVE RUEBENS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can make them at home for around 400 cals and that is TOTALLY worth it for me. Its all the beer I will drinking tomorrow where I will have a problem....:drinker:
  • mlindahl
    mlindahl Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Oh, now I am craving a Reuben! If you make your own, there is fresh sauerkraut at the supermarket-it is chilled and has less sodium!
  • semeyer
    semeyer Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    If it's from Arbys? No. Make your own healthier version!
    Huh? Who would eat a reuben from Arby's?

bahahaha.....I agree.
  • Coco_Puff
    Coco_Puff Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Eat half with an apple and plenty of water for lunch and the other half for dinner. Then let that be your splurge for the week.
  • Miss_dannii
    Miss_dannii Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    I'm glad I don't know what a Reuben is..
  • Blessedmommy_2x
    Blessedmommy_2x Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    SHARE the reuben!!!! :smile:
  • vancil01
    vancil01 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I am totally going to eat one tomorrow now! :D
  • devilwhiterose
    devilwhiterose Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    SHARE the reuben!!!! :smile:

No one I know likes Reubens... ...communists.

I think...

I think....

I THINK I'M GONNA GET THE REUBEN!!!!!!! :drinker:

You guys are amazing decision makers for me! :flowerforyou:
  • sparkly96
    sparkly96 Posts: 120
    Options
    I would eat the reuben. My version comes to 261 calories, 7 grams of fat using 2 oz. of corned beef - deli, 2 slices of weight watchers rye bread, 1 slice weight watchers swiss cheese, 1 tablespoon fat free thousand island and some sauerkraut. I spray the outside of the rye bread with I cant believe its not butter spray and grill it. You cant taste the difference. Corned beef from the deli has a lot less fat and is sliced thinner than when you make a corned beef at home and use that. I've done it that way and it makes my sandwich 364 calories and had 21 grams of fat.
  • AZnewme
    AZnewme Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Duh! IT'S BAD LUCK NOT TOO! If you throw some saurkraut over your shoulder when it falls out of the sandwich - that's good luck too! (counts as salt!), just don't eat it under a ladder - cancels all the good stuff out.
  • tmacmoto
    tmacmoto Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Noooooo! Don't eat Peter Paul Rubens or you'll be Rubenesque!

Oh, you meant the sandwich, Rueben.

My bad...eat the sandwich, much better or you'll be considered a necro-canniblist...and that's just empty calories.
  • devilwhiterose
    devilwhiterose Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Duh! IT'S BAD LUCK NOT TOO! If you throw some saurkraut over your shoulder when it falls out of the sandwich - that's good luck too! (counts as salt!), just don't eat it under a ladder - cancels all the good stuff out.

I don't think the person sitting behind me would like the kraut... But if it means good luck...I have no choice right? :bigsmile:
  • tammykoon
    tammykoon Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    To eat, that is your answer.
  • AZnewme
    AZnewme Posts: 228 Member
    Options

I don't think the person sitting behind me would like the kraut... But if it means good luck...I have no choice right? :bigsmile:

For the guy behind you it counts as "Manna" from heaven!
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Skip the reuben... drink the Guinness :)