Fatloss for Idiots: Beyond Calories

Options
Has anyone tried this diet? I have been losing weight since January and hit a plateau. I started this diet yesterday and this morning I had lost 3.2 pounds!!

Replies

• lduncan0044
    Options
    Anybody??
  • Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    No I have not heard of it, but sounds like water weight to me
  • lduncan0044
    Options
    thats what i thought too but since i have been losing weight since january i figured the water weight was gone in the first few weeks when I first started my weight loss journey. I have lost 25 pounds so far, 12 of them using this site.
  • Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    what does the diet consist of?
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    thats what i thought too but since i have been losing weight since january i figured the water weight was gone in the first few weeks when I first started my weight loss journey. I have lost 25 pounds so far, 12 of them using this site.

water weight will fluctuate constantly, weather on a diet or not.
  • lduncan0044
    Options
    You eat 6 small meals a day. They give you 4 different food banks to choose from and they give you meal plans for eat day. For example..Day1 meal 1 says choose 2 foods from food group #1. its a 10 day plan and you repeat it as many times as you want.
    All the foods are healthy foods but the foods you eat together are not what you normally would (Like shrimp and strawberries for instance). You eat every 2-3 hours.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I hope it works well for you.
  • yummy♥
    yummy♥ Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    i'm afraid i don't qualify.
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    If you're eating decent food and it isn't telling you to barely eat any food, then go for it. Just remember there's no miracle diet.
  • lduncan0044
    Options

True. But water weight or not I dont care as long as the scales are moving in the right direction lol :)
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I love you. :love:
  • IamRoJ
    IamRoJ Posts: 530 Member
    Options

Aw, I LOVE this response. No, you don't. Brains AND Unbelievable Hotness. :love:
  • WickedMouse
    WickedMouse Posts: 343 Member
    Options

True. But water weight or not I dont care as long as the scales are moving in the right direction lol :)

I would take measurements and not base it on the scale, that will show you true results, water weight or not.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    If it helps you choose your food wisely, and you aren't starving yourself, keep at it. If you feel it's restrictive and you're hungry, don't do it. Simple as that. I prefer to pick out my own food, but if a list helps, that's fine.
  • lduncan0044
    Options
    This plan works and it is free. I 've lost 20 pounds since Jan 27th using it to count the calories but you have to exercise big time. Try walking 30 to 60 minutes a day to start. If you can Jog, even better.

Congrats on your weightloss! I have lost 25 pounds so far, 12 of them using this site. It works well and yes it does take alot of exercise but thats the whole idea. I just needed something to change up for a while. My weight was stalling and hadn't lost any weight in a few weeks.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    I had a look at their web site, based on hyperbole and unscientific information presented I wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole. Save your money & stick to the basics; sound, sustainable nutrition and regular exercise.
  • MrsLVF
    MrsLVF Posts: 787 Member
    Options

:laugh:
    That's what I was thinking, but they way you worded it sounds much nicer.
  • jsapninz
    jsapninz Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried this diet? I have been losing weight since January and hit a plateau. I started this diet yesterday and this morning I had lost 3.2 pounds!!

Any day where you "lose" 3.2 pounds is ALL water weight. It's bs.

If you are at a plateau, just drop your daily calories by like 250 and see how you do for a week. Mix up your work outs too.
    If it has been working, just hold fast. Don't try some new fad thing because you are discouraged.
  • lduncan0044
    Options
    I'm not out any money with this plan. I friend bought it and gave me the info. She did it for 3 weeks and lost 17 pounds. I'm just looking for people who have also tried it.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options

Do yourself a favour and don't get on your scale for at least a month. Commit yourself to improving your health rather than fixating on a number; eat a balanced, nutritious diet (create a sustainable caloric deficit) and exercise regularly (strength & cardio) and see how much better you feel in a month.

I want to lose fat too but I'm far more interested in real measures of good health like resting heart rate, recovery heart rate and body composition that I am on a number on my scale.