legs???!!!!

Options
HI<
My legs is very big and I want to make my legs look slimer!!!!! I don't have lots of time. so can i do????

What kind of exercise that I can do to make my legs slimer?

Replies

• pitchaya
    pitchaya Posts: 25
    Options
    HI<
    My legs is very big and I want to make my legs look slimer!!!!! I don't have lots of time. so can i do????

What kind of exercise that I can do to make my legs slimer?
  • Binkylove
    Binkylove Posts: 161
    Options
    walking or jogging.......mayby swimming too.
  • angel1face
    angel1face Posts: 110
    Options
    I find my calves are big becasue they are the ones with more muscle as they are the ones holding up my weight lol. but im looking to get them smaller as well.:flowerforyou:
  • ForJune1990
    Options
    Lunges, squats, yoga for lean muscle or pilates if you like something faster.... running will build muscle which will make your legs look bigger so walking a a fast pace on a small incline for 45 min would also work out to. I'm a vegan so naturally I have very little muscle but watch what your eating in terms of protien
  • leann_m_olson
    leann_m_olson Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Lunges, squats, yoga for lean muscle or pilates if you like something faster.... running will build muscle which will make your legs look bigger so walking a a fast pace on a small incline for 45 min would also work out to. I'm a vegan so naturally I have very little muscle but watch what your eating in terms of protien

i totally disagree, running does not make your legs look bigger, have you ever taken a look at pro marathoner's? runners have thin legs, now biking that's a different story, biking can make your legs big. Running is the quickest way to lose fat with the least amount of time to put into excercise.
  • SaraAnne
    SaraAnne Posts: 53
    Options
    I totally understand, my legs are the hardest thing for me to slim down. I tend to run a lot during the summer, which ALWAYS makes a huge difference for me. It tends to slim them down and tone them. If you go to runnersworld.com you can print off some training guides. I like to train for a mini-marrathon, even if I know I won't actually race in one. The training schedule keeps me motivated and on track. Let me know if you find anything that works... I'd love some new tips.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options

i totally disagree, running does not make your legs look bigger, have you ever taken a look at pro marathoner's? runners have thin legs, now biking that's a different story, biking can make your legs big. Running is the quickest way to lose fat with the least amount of time to put into excercise.

I second the disagreement.

Running does NOT bulk your legs, nor will any exercise that doesn't cause anaerobic activity (distance running is aerobic, NOT anaerobic). Running will lengthen and tone your legs, but it won't do a heck of a lot to decrease muscle size. If it's muscle that's making your legs look big, then you need to skip the heavy leg workouts and do some mid section and upper body work. If it's fat, cardio cardio cardio, running is fine, but also any kind of moderate to heavy cardio will do.
  • rainbowman
    rainbowman Posts: 77
    Options
    Mmmm hmmm... Honey, I think you just need to get up and get moving in any way that you can. You got to get that heart rate UP for an extended time during the day. There ain't no short cuts. Believe me, I've looked for them and tried every trick in the book and I just realized I need to get off my big butt and get moving!

Have you tried dancing? I just put on some great polka, or maybe some Kool & the Gang and work it hard to some Celebration and such for a good hour until I'm a big sweaty mess. When I'm feeling like I can handle that without having to wear the defibrillator paddles taped to my chest, I think I might go ahead and increase my activity to some running and probably join a health club.

Good luck!!! :drinker:
  • jtintx
    jtintx Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Mmmm hmmm... Honey, I think you just need to get up and get moving in any way that you can. You got to get that heart rate UP for an extended time during the day. There ain't no short cuts. Believe me, I've looked for them and tried every trick in the book and I just realized I need to get off my big butt and get moving!

Have you tried dancing? I just put on some great polka, or maybe some Kool & the Gang and work it hard to some Celebration and such for a good hour until I'm a big sweaty mess. When I'm feeling like I can handle that without having to wear the defibrillator paddles taped to my chest, I think I might go ahead and increase my activity to some running and probably join a health club.

Good luck!!! :drinker:
    Dude, you are hilarious!!! :laugh: :happy: :glasses: :bigsmile:
  • pitchaya
    pitchaya Posts: 25
    Options
    did swimming work??