For those who have BAD days

Options
If you find yourself having a bad day here and there, try this. If you have Excel or some other program that can calculate (or just a paper, pen and calculator) find your averages on everything you are consuming... calories, fat, sugar, exercise burned, etc. Some days I find I am higher on certain items and others I am low. I believe, it's the overall that matters, not looking at it day by day which can bum you out.

I found on average, I am consuming 1482 calories per day (since Jan 6th). On average, I burn 272 calories per day (I go to the gym 3-4 times per week). So when I subtract those, it puts me at 1210 calories which is what I should be consuming everyday.

On average, the only item I am high on is sugar but everything else is at or below what it should be. One concern for me was sodium, but I find some days I have way too much and others much less but on average, on am at 2152 mg of sodium per day so it balances out.

This should be helpful for those who go way over one day on calories and think they have sabotaged their diet when overall, you are doing just fine.

If you have Excel, I will more than happy to send you the file I use which has all the formulas inputed.

Hope this helps.

Replies

• rem1979
    rem1979 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    If you find yourself having a bad day here and there, try this. If you have Excel or some other program that can calculate (or just a paper, pen and calculator) find your averages on everything you are consuming... calories, fat, sugar, exercise burned, etc. Some days I find I am higher on certain items and others I am low. I believe, it's the overall that matters, not looking at it day by day which can bum you out.

I found on average, I am consuming 1482 calories per day (since Jan 6th). On average, I burn 272 calories per day (I go to the gym 3-4 times per week). So when I subtract those, it puts me at 1210 calories which is what I should be consuming everyday.

On average, the only item I am high on is sugar but everything else is at or below what it should be. One concern for me was sodium, but I find some days I have way too much and others much less but on average, on am at 2152 mg of sodium per day so it balances out.

This should be helpful for those who go way over one day on calories and think they have sabotaged their diet when overall, you are doing just fine.

If you have Excel, I will more than happy to send you the file I use which has all the formulas inputed.

Hope this helps.
  • ConnieLynn
    ConnieLynn Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Hey!

You are so right about that. I don't look at the day to day either. I look at the overall week and I know that if I have too much one day, I will make up for it another day without even trying. I am usually below my maintenance amount, even if I go over my alloted amount for the day.

The key is to record everything, even when you go over, because upon reflection you really are eating the correct amount anyway!

Thank you for posting that. It really will help.

Happy Saturday!

Connie Lynn
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    That helps put things in perspective a little better doesn't it.:flowerforyou: