Chipotle - Victory! Bwahaha...

Options
auroranflash
auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
Sent: Friday, March 16, 2012 12:23 PM
To: Christy

Subject: Reply from Chipotle

Christy,

Thank you for taking the time to write in to us. We understand the needs of our customer's to be able to customize their meal, so you will be happy to hear the we are going to be adding a meal calculator on our next website update. Unfortunately, we do not have a date yet, but please check back in the next few months and it should be available on the website.

We appreciate your patience and we hope you to see you soon.

Sincerely,

Heather

Heather Sipos | Customer Service

Chipotle Mexican Grill

Phone Number: ***-***-****
Store Visited:
Date Visited:
Comment Submitted: 03/08/2012 07:11 AM
Hello, I use a site called MyFitnessPal.com to estimate calories and nutritional macros (protein/carbs/fats/fiber, etc). It is very helpful when sites - for example, Subway.com - allow you to customize your menu choices and see the calorie/macro count as you add or subtract ingredients. The coding should not be all that difficult, and many many people would benefit from it. Since you are interested in pure food and offer healthy options (Thanks for the Brown Rice!), this would be a great step and in your best interest to add a "Calculate Your Meal" option to the site. Right now I usually avoid Chipotle, but if I had the information easily at hand to make a quick, healthy lunch choice, I'm sure I would go more often, as you are very close to me and I love your food :) I realize you already list your nutritional information on the site in detail, but a Meal Calculator would make things much easier as we would be able to see protein, fat, carbs, and calories without having to add them all together separately. Thank you, Christy

Replies

• hauer01
    hauer01 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    AWESOME! I love Chipolte too!
  • _HeathBar_
    _HeathBar_ Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    You are my hero :flowerforyou:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,968 Member
    Options
    That would be nice! I live dangerously and eat there anyway.
  • starvingcupcake
    starvingcupcake Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I love Chipotle. I could eat it everyday, but I can't. Haha! This is going to make it so much easier for me when I decide to treat myself. Thank you!!
  • usedasbrandnew
    usedasbrandnew Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Thanks for campaigning!
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I love Chipotle. According to their nutritional content information, my bowl that I get is 700 calories so if I eat half, which I do, it's only 350!
  • NicolePatriot
    NicolePatriot Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Good idea.

In the meantime though, here's what I do:

http://www.chipotle.com/en-US/menu/nutritional_information/nutritional_information.aspx

Get out my handy dandy calculator, and just add up the foods I'm gonna eat.

It works, for now :D

Good idea sending them the email, though! It's nice to have a CSR email you back and acknowledge you have a good idea and it will be implemented!

I <3 Chipotle.
  • DaveR100
    DaveR100 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Check out this calculator until Chipotle put theirs up.

http://www.chipotlefan.com/index.php?id=nutrition_calculator
  • auroranflash
    Options
    Good idea.

In the meantime though, here's what I do:

http://www.chipotle.com/en-US/menu/nutritional_information/nutritional_information.aspx

Get out my handy dandy calculator, and just add up the foods I'm gonna eat.

It works, for now :D

Good idea sending them the email, though! It's nice to have a CSR email you back and acknowledge you have a good idea and it will be implemented!

I <3 Chipotle.

Yeah, I mentioned that in my comment to them, "I realize you have the nutrition info up, but it would make things easier so we don't have to add everything" heehee. I'm just glad an actual person responded. Even better, in the header of their email, you could see where they CC'ed a bunch of other Chipotle employees. I think that's their way of saying "Hey, pay attention to this comment, we're actually doing this one"
  • auroranflash
    Options

DUDE. <3
    Holy crap, my old Burrito Bol was 900 calories... Plus the coke I always got with it, oh my.
  • indianjones
    indianjones Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I believe every restaurant should post their calories next to the prices. Make it a little easier to choose the right food for our body.
    You can always make good choices or splurge occasionally, but it will still be our choice. Kudos to Panera Bread for doing it.
  • alxdeanda
    alxdeanda Posts: 72
    Options
    OH MY GOSH! I LOOOOOOOVE CHIPOTLE!
    In fact, I now have the nutrition calculator app on my smartphone!

It's my FAVE.
  • xHelloQuincyx
    xHelloQuincyx Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    yessss!
    *does a happy dance*
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    I love Chipotle - but seriously one of the worst places to eat because of the amt of food they place in the burritos! When I was at my goal weight I could only eat 1/4 of the burrito because so much food is packed into it. Even if they have a calculator, I probably wouldn't trust it. Just my humble opinion. For those that feel comfortable eating there, kudos! Hopefully it will help.
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options

That's awesome! I was pretty much spot on on my Veggie Burrito with cheese and sour cream and they always over do it on those! (895) My guess was 900 haha. :) Thanks for posting!
  • imthelobster
    imthelobster Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Are those 'serving' sizes (like the 4oz of beans) what they put in the bowls by default? I've always had an issue with knowing exactly how MUCH of stuff they're putting in there.
  • DaveR100
    DaveR100 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    You guys got me in a Chipotle mood! Wife is grabbibng some tacos on the way home :-)
  • mahjohweeee
    mahjohweeee Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    So happy to see this! You are my hero!