esitamted for lunch?

Options
i was just curious what should be a good estimated amount of calories to eat for lunch. i just had lunch and am at 295? is this too little??

Replies

• chicaloca6470
    chicaloca6470 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    i was just curious what should be a good estimated amount of calories to eat for lunch. i just had lunch and am at 295? is this too little??
  • chicaloca6470
    chicaloca6470 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    anyone?:tongue:
  • hopeitworks
    hopeitworks Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I don't know if it's too little or not. My lunches usually range between 250 and 300 calories, which is enough for me. I guess as long as you're not hungry, you should be ok. I usually eat lunch around 12:30 and have a fruit snack around 3:00.
  • keshia_v03
    keshia_v03 Posts: 13
    Options
    I try to eat the most at lunch. My calorie intake is about 1300 and I try to eat about 500 calories unless I want something for dinner that has a high calorie content. But for the most part 295 is a bit low. I eat breakfast every morning and it's really never more that 300 calories, but I distribute the remaining caloires between my lunch and dinner.
  • monteig
    monteig Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I try and eat about 300 for lunch. It really depends on how your day is structured and if you feel like one of your meals need to be bigger to get through the day.

For example - if you have to have an early lunch because of your work schedule, you might want to have something that is higher to last you until dinner.

If I have a late breakfast, I will have a smaller lunch and save the calories for snacks and dinner later on.

Hope that helps!
  • Ileanak
    Ileanak Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    It also depends on how many meals you have per day. If you are sticking to 3, and you are on, say, a 1200 per day regimen, then, yes 250 is too low, as you should be eating 400 per meal. If, on the other hand you eat 5 meals per day (as I do) then a 1200 kcal would be 240 per meal, and you would be on track.

my breakdown for today is this
    Breakfast 270
    Snack 180
    Lunch 227
    Snack 183
    Dinner 273

Hope this helps!
  • srenshaw
    srenshaw Posts: 8
    Options
    I think it depends on what your other meals/snacks are. My target is 1270 cals a day. I try to keep breakfast and lunch combined to under 700, so that I have 550 - 600 available for dinner. My breakfast is usually 375, so I try to keep lunch around 300.