work out music???

Options

Replies

• elikan
    elikan Posts: 3
    Options
    club phusion station on iheartradio!! i love dance music for working out!
  • BrawlerBella
    BrawlerBella Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    My power song is "Fuel" by Metallica. Fav. work out bands Metallica, Iron Maiden, Ozzy(no ballads). These bands really push me to follow thru and finish!
  • Tequan
    Tequan Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    It depends on what you're doing and how fast you want your music...Try "Riot", "Stunt" or "Kesha" by 2 Chainz (from his T.R.U. Realigion CD). "The Boss", "Speedin'", (hell check out the whole TRILLA CD by Rick Ross). Also check out the Watch the Throne CD by Jay-Z & Kanye...put on H.A.M., Who Gon Stop Me, That's My B!t<h, and the very hyper Ns in Paris

Hell...I might just make my own CD with those songs!!

Good Luck!
  • claramay66
    claramay66 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I Have a App on my phone that is called FIT Radio you can pick different types of Music that is great to Workout to. It's Free.
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    My power song is "Fuel" by Metallica. Fav. work out bands Metallica, Iron Maiden, Ozzy(no ballads). These bands really push me to follow thru and finish!

Nice! The OP said Hip-Hop so I had my fav recommendation for that but I like your style. My favorite power songs right now are,

Disturbed - Indestructible
    Disturbed - Down With the Sickness
    Bullet for my Valentine - Waking the Demon
    Korn - Twisted Transistor
    Limp Bizkit - Rollin
    Ozzy - Desire

I'm sure I'm missing one, my workout playlist is like 50songs long. I love Indestructible, nothing gets me going like that song.
  • ljg0
    ljg0 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Tear you Apart - She Wants Revenge
    Disappear Here - Hybrid
    Numb/Encore - Jay-Z and Linkin Park
  • MiChaChelle
    MiChaChelle Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Here are some of my favs on my workout playlist!
    crank it up- david guetta ft akon
    dirty dancer- enrique iglesias ft usher
    drop it low- kat de luna ft fatman scoop
    give it to me- jason derulo
    i like the way- eddy wata
    i wanna dance- eddy wata
    pause- pitbull
    suave- nayer ft mohombi
    T.H.E- william and jlo
    turn me on- david guetta ft nicki minaj
    turn up the music- chris brown
    get it girl- mann ft tpain
    welcome to st tropez- timati
    wild ones- flo rida ft sia

ENJOY!! :D
  • LaurenMichelle004
    LaurenMichelle004 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I Have a App on my phone that is called FIT Radio you can pick different types of Music that is great to Workout to. It's Free.

Oooh, I'll have to check it out! Anything Rise Against - they are my absolute favorite to run to. But, also Finch, Lostprophets, My Chemical Romance, Rage (Against the Machine), The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, Taking Back Sunday, Three Days Grace and the Used to name a few others.
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options

Numb/Encore - Jay-Z and Linkin Park

I love their album together, although I think I actually like Jay-Z's original (non-acapella -sp?) version better.
  • Tequan
    Tequan Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hip hop. I have a problem, though, because sometimes I'd rather dance aka booty shake than work out (depending on what song is on) Ice Cube You Can Do It...that song turned into a cardio booty shake work out! :laugh:

LOL!! True, but what's the problem if you're workin' it out!! Booty Poppin' Cardio!! Uh-Oh...I think I just came up with my new workout video idea! LOL! I say ...if it gets you movin'...MOVE IT!!
  • PrettynWitty12
    PrettynWitty12 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Technologic by Daft Punk
    Bootylicious by Destiny's Child
    Celebration by Madonna
    Any song by the Black Eyed Peas lol
    Promiscuous Girl by Nelly Furtado and Timbaland
    I Like It by Enrique Iglesias
    Yeah! by Usher
    Yeah 3x, Beautiful People, by Chris Brown
    Who Run the World, Til the End of Time by Beyonce

This should really get you going lol...hope you enjoy some of these tunes!
  • Kallure
    Kallure Posts: 3
    Options
    Pandora has a great section of stations catered to fitness. Just browse under Genres and select Workout. There's tons of choices under there, from 80s Cardio to Yoga to Rap Strength Training.

My favorites are the Pop Fitness and Pop and Hip Hop Power Workout. I find they have a lot of songs with some great uptempo beats that keep me moving and give me a good rhythm.
  • Masterchef2000
    Masterchef2000 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    If you love hip-hop, I would try:

Focused (fest Kid Cudi) by Wale (Seriously good motivating song!)
    Lay it on me (feat Big Sean) by Kelly Rowand
    Make me proud (feat Nicki Minaj) by Drake
    Y.U. Mad by BirdMan
    Girls like you by Miguel
    Countdown by Beyonce
    Headlines by Drake
    Take Care by Drake
    Make it hot by Wiz Khalifa
    Break my bank by New Boyz
    Titanium by David Guetta
    Girls fall like dominos by Nicki Manaj
    Climax by Usher
    Alone Again by Akyssa Reid

I realize that those aren't all hip-hop but they are some of the tracks I listen to. Here are some British hip-hop songs if you want to have a go at them (although again, not ALL are hip-hop):

Earthquake by Labrinth
    Midnight Run by Example
    No Regrets by Dappy
    Danza Kuduro by Don Omar (not British but it played over here for LONG time on the radio)
    Heaven by Emeli Sande
    Levels by Avicii
    Want you Back by Cher Lloyd
    Reaching out by Nero
    Read all about it by Professor Green
    Pass Out by Tinie Tempah
    Next to Me by Emeli Sande
    Domino by Jessie J
  • echandle12
    Options
    I am the same, I put pandora radio on my phone and have a station labeled "teach me how to dougie" and "rack city" you will get hip-hop and rap with those
  • calell83
    calell83 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    3 inches of Blood
    Lamb Of God
    Chimaira
    Slipknot
    Anything off "The Blackening" by Machine Head
    There a couple Distrubed and Korn songs
    Metallica
    Mnemic

Basically anything pretty heavy works well...
  • LessMe2B
    LessMe2B Posts: 316
    Options
    My run playlist includes a lot of Queen...my fave is "Fat Bottom Girls" :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • heatherlrex
    heatherlrex Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Pandora has some really good stations for working out! I love the hiphop workout station...keeps me motivated! :)
  • Melis25Fit
    Melis25Fit Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Normally not a super HARD ROCK kinda music girl, but "Warriors Call" by Volbeat is awesomely inspiring... check it out.
  • melinda200208
    melinda200208 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    eminenm- lose yourself.....I think that is what it is called. I find a lot of the eminem songs really motivate me to run...
  • MMarvelous
    MMarvelous Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Hip hop. I have a problem, though, because sometimes I'd rather dance aka booty shake than work out (depending on what song is on) Ice Cube You Can Do It...that song turned into a cardio booty shake work out! :laugh:
    Totally know how that goes! :)
    And there's so much good music! I love some Pitbull, Ciara, and Chris Brown. I like workin out to stuff that I'd normally dance to. So far, my favourite motivational/workout song is Heart of a Champion by Nelly. Amazing song. :)

LOL I will be snapping my fingers and dancing on the arc trainer. I don't care either LOL If I want a great workout most definitely Hip-hop...Kanye, Mary J. Blige, Beyonce, Jay-Z, OutKast, T.I., some Jeezy or more ole school hip-hop. I work out the best w/ KRUNK music...anything by Lil Jon.