Healthy St. Patrick's Day Desserts

Options
rmtinney
rmtinney Posts: 9 Member
Does anyone know any heathly St. Patrick's Day desserts?

Replies

• meemo88
    meemo88 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    green jello lol
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    Jameson.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Lite green beer. LOL
  • LaurenMichelle004
    LaurenMichelle004 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    These look pretty good, although I'd be interested in some others too! :smile:

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2012/03/chocolate-stout-cupcakes-with-baileys.html
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    I don't think they are low cal but Allrecipe has
    Irish Flag cookie recipe
    http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Irish-Flag-Cookies/Detail.aspx?src=mer892

or tons of others
    http://allrecipes.com/recipes/holidays-and-events/st-patricks-day/desserts/Top.aspx?src=mer891

Irish Potatoes
    Ingredients
    1 cup confectioners' sugar 1 cup shredded coconut 1 1/2 tablespoons cream 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
    Directions
    Sprinkle the sugar on the coconut. Add the cream and mix gently.
    Take approximately 1/2 tablespoon of dough and roll into balls. Place cinnamon in a plastic bag and shake cookies a few at a time until coated.
    Nutritional Information
    Amount Per Serving Calories: 38 | Total Fat: 1.2g | Cholesterol: 1mg Powered by ESHA Nutrient Database
  • Helen1860
    Helen1860 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You can do a Jello Pudding and Jello Gelatin dessert. Lime Jello Sugar Free and Vanilla Pudding Sugar Free Fat Free (Or lemon pudding if you want a different taste). Take 2 cups water and put in a pan and put on the stove; then put the 4 serving size of each Jello and Pudding in the pan and heat til its warm, stirring til its all dissolved but don't bring it to a boil unless you use the Cook N Serve Pudding. Put your pineapple chunks in your serving dish and pour the jello/pudding mixture over it and put in refrigerator until it is set or overnight. (Serves 4). I use this with all types of variations. Lemon Pudding/Lemon Jello; Strawberry Jello/Vanilla Pudding with strawberries. So many variations you can make. We love it.
  • katieby811
    katieby811 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    188 calories/cupcake, don't think they're "healthy" though!
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/2012/03/chocolate-stout-cupcakes-with-baileys.html
  • virginiejaubin
    virginiejaubin Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    http://www.shape.com/healthy-eating/meal-ideas/10-tasty-green-foods-st-pattys-day

Here is a link to a light key lime pie from Shape and 9 other low cals receipie for St-Patrick's Day!

Enjoy!
  • jennifer52484
    jennifer52484 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    you could make a trifle with layers of "green" fat free cool whip, angel food cake, and fat free pudding ...
  • reaolliemama
    reaolliemama Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    WARNING these are not what you asked for (healthy), but they are AMAZING!!!
    Chocolate Stout Cupcakes Recipe
    12 tablespoons (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter
    1/2 cup cocoa powder
    3/4 cup dark stout, such as Guinness, poured and settled before you measure
    2 large eggs
    1/2 cup full-fat sour cream
    1 1/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
    1 1/4 cups sugar
    1 teaspoon baking soda
    1/4 teaspoon salt

Vanilla Stout Buttercream Frosting
    8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
    3 cups confectioners’ sugar, sifted through a strainer
    3 tablespoons dark stout, such as Guinness, poured and settled before you measure
    1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
    Pinch salt
    For the topping
    3/4 cup crushed chocolate-covered pretzels (optional)

1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (176°C) and place a baking rack in the center of the oven. Line two 6-cup jumbo-size muffin pans with liners.
    2. In a small saucepan over low heat, melt the butter. Remove from the heat, add the cocoa powder, and stir until smooth. Then stir in the stout. (It may be tempting to think that you have some stout left to drink, but hold your horses! You’re going need some for the frosting, too.) Set the butter and aside to cool, about 10 minutes.
    3. In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs and the sour cream. Add the cooled chocolate mixture, incorporating well. Add the flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt, and whisk until smooth, scraping down the bowl as needed.
    4. Fill each prepared muffin cup about 2/3 full. with 1/3 cup batter, about 2/3 full. Bake, rotating the pans halfway through, until the tops are just firm to the touch and a tester inserted in the center of a cupcake comes out clean, about 23 minutes. Leave the cupcakes in the pan on a rack to cool for 5 to 10 minutes. Transfer the cupcakes to the wire rack to cool completely before frosting, about 1 hour.
    5. In a medium bowl, with an electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat the butter until light and fluffy, about 1 minute. Add the confectioners’ sugar, stout, vanilla, and salt to the bowl, and continue to beat until very smooth and creamy, 2 to 3 minutes, scraping down the bowl as needed.
    Construct the cupcakes
    6. Get out that ice cream scoop (2 to 2 1/4 inches in diameter) and top each cupcake with a scoop of frosting. (If you like, you can shine the cupcakes up a bit by taking a butter knife–no serrated edges, please–and pushing the frosting down to about an inch high and flattening the top. Take the knife and make a flat 45-degree angled edge all the way around the side of the scoop of frosting.) Sprinkle each cupcake with a tablespoon of the crushed pretzels, if using. (The cupcakes can be refrigerated for up to 3 days in an airtight container or frozen for up to 1 month.)
  • kreat
    kreat Posts: 136
    Options
    Just make a Vanilla pudding and add green food coloring to it?....That sounds like something I'm gonna try when I get home for something quick and easy...lol
  • scorpiomfs
    scorpiomfs Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I made a diet soda cake I used a white cake and mixed it with one can of sprite zero. I reserved some of the batter and colored it green then swirled it on the cake to make it green and white. it was my first cola cake and I think next time iIwill add an egg white to help it hold up a little better. It was a bit crumbly. the recipes says to top it with cool whip. I did not use cool whip on whole cake. you can control portion with putting it on the piece you eat.

also might try the 123 cupcakes i see on here also..

:smile:

mo

directions
    mix dry cake mix with one can of diet soda . stir then put in floured cake pan. bake at 350 same as on cake box, use any flavor diet soda any flavor cake. I want to try a strawberry cake with diet strawberry...
  • Helen1860
    Helen1860 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Yeah i make the coke cakes too and i really like them. I need to see if i can find a diet strawberry soda because strawberry is my favorite cake too.
  • pdworkman
    pdworkman Posts: 1,342 Member
    Options
    Kiwi, grapes, gooseberries, green apples, honeydew melon . . .

Mix'em together and add your favourite fruit salad topping, if any. Or put them on kabob sticks.

Or maybe a green smoothie?