Needing some encouragement

Options
Hey everyone, I have been on a plateau and minor gain routine for the last month.......

Just need some good word's of encouragement. I know I am on a good road to fitness and now everything I do I am looking for the adventure and fitness in it ie: looking to start soccer with a friend am continuing Boot Camp classes and I am Mountain Biking regularily tooo.

Please just send me some goodness and I will be just fine.

Sincerely, Jamie :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Jamiegirl2009
    Jamiegirl2009 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, I have been on a plateau and minor gain routine for the last month.......

Just need some good word's of encouragement. I know I am on a good road to fitness and now everything I do I am looking for the adventure and fitness in it ie: looking to start soccer with a friend am continuing Boot Camp classes and I am Mountain Biking regularily tooo.

• EmilyAnn89
    EmilyAnn89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    i'm kinda in the same boat.. gained a couple pounds the last few weeks, but i'm here to lose so i just keep pushing on. everyone hits a rough spot.. just don't give up and keep pushing yourself harder and harder! great job on the soccer and mountain biking. i just joined a softball team! stay active and keep eating healthy and you will see yourself meeting your goals in no time!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Jamiegirl2009
    Jamiegirl2009 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    That's ok I guess this really show's that I have to do this on my own. I must find the strength within myself to keep on going..........................

:ohwell:
  • JenniferMann24
    Options
    :flowerforyou: GOOD GOOD GOOD coming your way!. I have been there, actually in the past few months. It will be ok

Hang in there!
  • stewbigelow
    stewbigelow Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Here is a bunch of goodness!! You can do it ...just hang in there:bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • MissNova
    MissNova Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    I have been going through the same thing, last night I thought about everything I want and why I am doing this!

You have to think about your goals.
    You have to maintain a positive attitude.
    You have to believe in yourself.
    You have to remember that anything is possible.

Now go get it!
  • NinaDawn79
    NinaDawn79 Posts: 164
    Options
    I find it really helps to focus on achievements other than pounds/inches lost, like how you are feeling and fitness level, etc. I had a week off from the gym which made me feel awful, but I did get one day in and on a whim decided to try a fitness test, and was astounded to have it report my fitness level as "High" (I don't care if that's great or not, it made me feel good at the time, lol!)

I also find a good workout is the best mood elevator I can find 99% of the time. Those happy endorphins that exercise brings are the best!
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Where's Max? He is good at offering encouragement. :wink:
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options

You seem to have a great attitude!! Keep it up!!!!:drinker:
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    March and April were both slow loss months for me - it happens. Here's my quote for this month:

If you focus on results, you”ll never change. If you focus on change, you”ll get results.

~Anonymous

Stay the course - You've got this girl!
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Once you get in better cardio shape, you can hit a plateau every 2-3 weeks. Your body adapts faster and wants to stay where it's at. That's when you hit a plateau. To up your metabolism, cut down cardio to 2-3 times per week, and then weight train every single day. You need to build muscle so your metabolism will increase, as well as you need to make your body burn fat and not muscle when you workout. The only way to do that is to burn fat, not muscle.

For example, I was sick last week. I overate every day, ate junk, but never hit the gym. I lost 4 pounds. I mean I ate waaaayyy over calories so that surprised me. But my body fat went up a whole point. Because I was burning cals without working out - but I was burning muscle, not fat. Because I hadn't been doing weight training in a while, just cardio, my body got used to the cardio but it will still easier for it to burn muscle instead of fat because I wasn't building the muscle.