Frustrated!

Options
I just want to cry. Five years ago I was at my heaviest at 280lbs. In a year I got down to 200 lbs by eating meal replacement shakes for breakfast and lunch with healthy snakes and healthy dinner totaling 1200 cal a day. Now I am back to 260lbs.

The first of January i started eating all healthy foods at around 1200 calories a day. I find when i eat five or six times a day with healthy foods, I do not get hungry and feel plenty of energy through out the day. Four weeks ago I started consistently working out everyday. 45 mins of cardio a day and doing 30 day shred 4 times a week. I physically feel much better, but I have only lost 5lbs since the first of january and zero inches around my waist arms or legs. The only thing i notice is my face looks a bit thinner. I make sure I'm very accurate on my calories.

I'm just so frustrated, I feel like I'm not getting anywhere. I just want to give up. I don't know what to do

Replies

• babybluefire
    babybluefire Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I lose weight very very slowly as well. I am accurate on my calories, most days I am standing in the kitchen at night thinking what else to eat to get my calories in. I do have a thyroid problem, while medicated weight loss has been harder ever since it started. I am also part native american, which like some people of hispanic decent have learned you gain weight very easily and can seemingly live on air.

I am decided this morning to put the scale away for a while and focus on working up to jogging a full 5 miles instead of the walk jog thing I am doing.
  • CHUBBYLOVLEY
    CHUBBYLOVLEY Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    You need to increase your calories. Your under eating and that can cause you to lose any weight your in starvation mode especially if your working out as much as you are.
  • miskrys
    miskrys Posts: 6
    Options
    I have been told by more then one nutritionist that this is not true. @ 1200 cal. I work at a desk all day with no physical activity.
  • Sl1ghtly
    Sl1ghtly Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I have been told by more then one nutritionist that this is not true. @ 1200 cal. I work at a desk all day with no physical activity.

...and how is that advice working out for you?
  • CHUBBYLOVLEY
    CHUBBYLOVLEY Posts: 65 Member
    Options

I also have a desk job. My calorie intake is 1500 and I know with more weight I lose I will have to increase my calories as I go on. All you need to do is just try it maybe a week or two, Either way if you don't lose any weight you haven't ruined everything since you currently have only lost 5lbs. Good luck!
  • Coco_Puff
    Coco_Puff Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    You need to increase your calories. Your under eating and that can cause you to lose any weight your in starvation mode especially if your working out as much as you are.

This!!!!