If you are eating more than 1000 exercise cals back

Options
I want to see the diaries of those who are eating back 1000+ exercise calories and who are consistently losing weight. I am starting to think that either my polar ft7 hrm is not accurate, mfp is not accurate, eating back the exercise cals is not a good thing or maybe I'm just destined to be fat for life. Thanks so much!

Replies

• skinnyjeansdiva
    Options
    Oh, and yes, I would love some new friends too for some motivation!
  • skinnyjeansdiva
    Options
  • skinnyjeansdiva
    Options
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    I have the same HRM and consistently burn >1,000 but I only eat about half of them back daily (sometimes a ilttle more) and then once a week I have a splurge day and eat way over my calories. The HRM isn't 100% accurate and I don't weigh my food so my calories in are also not 100% accurate.

This is what has been working for me...
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    what is your base calorie intake? what types of exercise are you doing? How many GROSS calories are you eating?
  • gerrimckendree
    Options
    I know the feeling. I have had to cut back exercising, and I have cut back to 13000 and I have gained weight. I did weigh 173 now I am at 179...help It says the way I am eating I should weigh about 165
  • gerrimckendree
    Options
    The reason I have had to cut back on exerise is that I have sprained my ankle.
  • Sytera
    Sytera Posts: 75
    Options
    I try to eat back 1,000+ calories but sometimes I just can't get them all in. I usually eat back at least 800 of them and have been losing weight up until today. I went up but I think it is water retention thanks to a bruised midsection from hooping 40 minutes my very first time two nights ago. I just made my diary Public for a little while.
  • CuteAndCurvy83
    CuteAndCurvy83 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    The thing to remember is MFP guidelines for losing are suggestions. Eating back ALL your calories may not be beneficial to you, but it may work for someone else. Weight loss all depends on a persons body, what they are eating, and exercise. Try a week or 2 of only eating back half? See if that does anything, if not, depending on your BMR Maybe try no eating back any? It's really all up to your body and how it works, not everything works for everyone.
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    I have the same HRM and consistently burn >1,000 but I only eat about half of them back daily (sometimes a ilttle more) and then once a week I have a splurge day and eat way over my calories. The HRM isn't 100% accurate and I don't weigh my food so my calories in are also not 100% accurate.

THIS
  • mommamuscles
    mommamuscles Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    Try joining the MFP group "Eating More to Weigh Less". Its good to have support as youre trying to be healthy, instead of looking at diaries of people eating 1200 calories or less and feeling like a horse!!! LOL! There is some great info on there, and many of us have open diaries. My diary is open, and I try to eat back all my exercise calories. However, I dont usually burn more than 1000. Feel free to add me for some support. :)
  • fitnhealthykaren
    Options
    I'm with you on this! I'm really really questioning eating back my exercise calories cuz my scale is not budging!
  • shaycat
    shaycat Posts: 980
    Options
    I only eat back my exercise calories to a point. I wouldnt go overboard and eat back an extra 1000 calories a day that seems a bit high. Maybe try eating back half for a while.
  • skinnyjeansdiva
    Options

this is very helpful. i really thought they were very accurate so i suppose that could explain maybe I am eating too much or not the same amount as I thought. Thanks for replying
  • skinnyjeansdiva
    Options
    I only eat back my exercise calories to a point. I wouldnt go overboard and eat back an extra 1000 calories a day that seems a bit high. Maybe try eating back half for a while.

I'm thinking that is what I should try for a while. Thanks
  • skinnyjeansdiva
    Options
    I'm with you on this! I'm really really questioning eating back my exercise calories cuz my scale is not budging!

I think I am going to try not eating all of them back to see if it helps
  • skinnyjeansdiva
    Options
    Try joining the MFP group "Eating More to Weigh Less". Its good to have support as youre trying to be healthy, instead of looking at diaries of people eating 1200 calories or less and feeling like a horse!!! LOL! There is some great info on there, and many of us have open diaries. My diary is open, and I try to eat back all my exercise calories. However, I dont usually burn more than 1000. Feel free to add me for some support. :)

You are so helpful, I will add you and join the group. Thanks so much, I really need the advice and support
  • skinnyjeansdiva
    Options
    The thing to remember is MFP guidelines for losing are suggestions. Eating back ALL your calories may not be beneficial to you, but it may work for someone else. Weight loss all depends on a persons body, what they are eating, and exercise. Try a week or 2 of only eating back half? See if that does anything, if not, depending on your BMR Maybe try no eating back any? It's really all up to your body and how it works, not everything works for everyone.

Thanks for breaking that down for me. I think I am going to try eating less of what i burn back to see if it helps
  • skinnyjeansdiva
    Options
    I try to eat back 1,000+ calories but sometimes I just can't get them all in. I usually eat back at least 800 of them and have been losing weight up until today. I went up but I think it is water retention thanks to a bruised midsection from hooping 40 minutes my very first time two nights ago. I just made my diary Public for a little while.

Thank you sooooo much!! It's very helpful. I just want some ideas of what people are eating when they are burning big.. thanks again
  • skinnyjeansdiva
    Options
    The reason I have had to cut back on exerise is that I have sprained my ankle.

ouch, poor u, hope the ankle gets better soon.!