Just something to try...

Options
Scenario:
You are at the grocery store, only to buy milk, bread, and eggs, when you look at the Ice cream aisle, right next to the milk aisle.
Your stomach growls in anticipation. After all, it's only been 2 weeks since you first started dieting. You could use a little treat, right?
DON'T.
Solution:
Load up a grocery cart with your current weight in sugar, flour. 10 pound bags are easiest.
Push this cart around the store twice.
Now unload the cart to the weight that you would like to be at. (Be realistic).
I guarantee you'll be rethinking that ice cream. Or you'll focus so much on the cart, you'll probably forget about the ice cream.
Either way, it worked for me 2 nights ago.
I do the hard discipline.
Makes me rethink some things.

Replies

• cellorocker
    Options
    Scenario:
    You are at the grocery store, only to buy milk, bread, and eggs, when you look at the Ice cream aisle, right next to the milk aisle.
    Your stomach growls in anticipation. After all, it's only been 2 weeks since you first started dieting. You could use a little treat, right?
    DON'T.
    Solution:
    Load up a grocery cart with your current weight in sugar, flour. 10 pound bags are easiest.
    Now unload the cart to the weight that you would like to be at. (Be realistic).
    I guarantee you'll be rethinking that ice cream. Or you'll focus so much on the cart, you'll probably forget about the ice cream.
    Either way, it worked for me 2 nights ago.
    I do the hard discipline.
    Makes me rethink some things.
  • rem1979
    rem1979 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a great motivator.

I think people would look at me funny pushing around 207 pounds of sugar though!!! :laugh:
  • NurseBarb
    NurseBarb Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Good Lord mine wouldn't even fit in the buggy!!!
  • cellorocker
    Options
    I put in 19- ten pound bags.
    People were looking at me weird.
    I just imagined that they were looking at the weight.
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    I put in 19- ten pound bags.
    People were looking at me weird.
    I just imagined that they were looking at the weight.

and you burned some extra cals too:bigsmile:
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    Another thought is to remember what you looked like naked in the mirror after your shower today and to remind yourself that chubbo in the mirror is not who you are or want to keep being...but the sugar thing would work too! :laugh:
  • cellorocker
    Options
    I look at myself in the mirror every morning to make sure I don't overeat.
  • rodeoruss
    Options
    thats one way doin' it. I just look and think someday I can make my own again, as it tasts much better. The bakery Isle I have to treat the same. Nowing my cookies are better and longing for the flavor someday too brings great motivation. They just smell better in my kitchen than thiers. The hard part will be learning the added control that I fought before - how much is enough of a great thing? The first six weeks of shopping was tough, thinking "oh. just one" After that the smells just weren't the same. now into the four month period - I am truly looking forword to meeting my goal weight some time this summer if I stay strong and stick to it. I had only gone off the wagon on two occasions since I begun the great quest. Even then I kept my numbers close as possible - Just ate bad things.
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    We all ate bad things, it's breaking those habits and throwing them away for good that will keep us on track.

Anyway, if no one has said it, you did great resisting the temptation that so many fall to day in and day out! :love: