Starvation Mode? Suggestions how to eat more calories?

Options
rlwart
rlwart Posts: 47 Member
Daily Avg burned calories 2546, consumed calories 1441 (1105 calorie deficit)
Target burned 1964 consumed 1464 (500 calorie deficit)
The above numbers are from my averages while using a BodyMedia arm band monitor. I love this thing, I am so motivated to eat better. Really I eat great. No fast food, I cook at home, etc. Admittedly I have not been logging on MFP because the BodyMedia activity manager would make this redundant. So I'm sorry I can't show you my food logs, I guess I could take screen shots of them?
BUT!! Trusting me that I eat well, think about a 1000+ deficit.
Has this been my problem all along? Am I in perpetual starvation mode?
Here's the thing, much of this is my natural daily activity. I spend maybe 40 min. lately walking or jogging in place in front of the TV and the rest is just me running around the house, pacing around the classroom and sitting around or sleeping, and I do stand in place during class or anyplace I'm at, and I either do kicks or walk in place or kick-back my feet in order to burn more calories. All that fidgeting probably makes me the most annoying person on the planet but it's activity!

How does a person eat MORE calories when they've been trained their entire life to eat less? I don't know how to eat more calories, nothing sounds appetizing. The only safe thing I can think of is to eat 500 more calories of vegetables. Is that what I'm supposed to do? Is that even possible?

Replies

• rlwart
    rlwart Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I just looked at the numbers again. It looks like since the 29th I have actually lost one lb per week on average.
    But it goes like a yo yo.
    In all that time I've been:
    187 on Feb 28
    183 on March 3
    187 on March 5
    181 on March 10
    184 today March 16