It's all about the graph

Options
The report function of this site is the key to any success I've had. I weigh in every single day and watch the graph line move downward. It's awesome. I think those that only weigh in once a week are missing out. For instance, I totally screwed up yesterday thanks to a huge breakfast at McDonald's and gave up for the rest of the day. One bad day and I've noticed I don't bounce up as high. My highs are gradually moving in the right direction. So I'm back on track now and lovin' it. Just worked out on the rowing machine and gained 310 calories for the day which I will savor.

Replies

• bluestime
    Options
    The report function of this site is the key to any success I've had. I weigh in every single day and watch the graph line move downward. It's awesome. I think those that only weigh in once a week are missing out. For instance, I totally screwed up yesterday thanks to a huge breakfast at McDonald's and gave up for the rest of the day. One bad day and I've noticed I don't bounce up as high. My highs are gradually moving in the right direction. So I'm back on track now and lovin' it. Just worked out on the rowing machine and gained 310 calories for the day which I will savor.
  • debuckl
    debuckl Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I agree! The graph keeps me going! I just wish it was a plain line instead of lots of dots.
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    I agree that that graph is such an eye-opener. But I take a somewhat longer term approach to it. I added a waist mesurement to my graph and I only measure that and my weight once a week or so. It takes months instead of weeks to get numbers that can tell you things, but if you stick it out, the results are just as telling, and for me the benefit of not obsessing over my daily weight is a HUGE bonus. Makes you feel so happy when you look at a 1 month period and see 10 or 12 lbs gone.
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    oh yes I agree! Its helped me so much already....and keeps me motivated....good job on burning the cals...you go! lol
    Ali :wink:
  • NurseBarb
    NurseBarb Posts: 183 Member
    Options

I weigh everyday too. I can't help it. If I get up in the morning and see that I'm down .5 lb or almost anything makes me happy, then I'm that much more motivated for the day.
    I did have some days last week that I skyrocket up for some reason, SIX POUNDS, but I didn't let it get to me I knew it wasn't real. It had ot water or soemthing. And sure enough it leveled back out and I lost. I know it's not all about the scale but it helps me a lot. I also measure.
  • lorelai63
    lorelai63 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    So Casta, When you gain do you enter that number to the graph also? Then the graph goes up and down. I kinda avoid the graph when I see a gain. Should I enter everyday?
  • lorelai63
    Options
    Debuck! Why do the dots bother you? I am curious by nature.hehehe
  • NurseBarb
    NurseBarb Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    So Casta, When you gain do you enter that number to the graph also? Then the graph goes up and down. I kinda avoid the graph when I see a gain. Should I enter everyday?

No I just enter the loses so I can see the gradual downward slope. I've been at it a month now and can see the progress kicking in.
  • lorelai63
    Options
    Thanks thats what I.ve been doing also!