strawberry cupcakes

Options
2»

Replies

• LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I had it at her house, she added egg whites, but it is unnecessary, the diet soda+cake mix is all you need.

and now a word from our teacher:
    the reason it works is because soda is carbonated. it creates the bubbles, which are what is needed to make the cake rise. typically you use eggs and then you mix the batter for like 2 minutes. This creates bubbles in the eggs. since soda already has the bubbles, you just stir long enough to blend, no need to mix for any extended period of time, and ta-da! batter which is full of bubbles and will rise.
    since the oil and eggs are eliminated, so are the calories they contain. most cake mix packages have the calorie count for just the mix, which always seemed dumb (who's gonna eat dry powder?) but now makes perfect sense!
  • Tayla08
    Tayla08 Posts: 94
    Options
    This is how I've always made all my cakes... For frosting you can take a tub of cool whip (I use the cool whip free) and mix it with a package of pudding mix.... You can use the regular or the sugar free. It's awesome!
  • czewwhat
    czewwhat Posts: 8,715
    Options
    So teach, instead of BURP YOU GET BUBBLES!
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Okay, Okay...I've giggled and salivated throughout this thread!!!!! I'm convinced and will give this a try!!!
  • czewwhat
    czewwhat Posts: 8,715
    Options
    Okay, Okay...I've giggled and salivated throughout this thread!!!!! I'm convinced and will give this a try!!!

Report back, there are more skeptics out there! We can save them from cake deprivation!!!
  • harleygirl6363
    harleygirl6363 Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    TRUST ME IT WORKS!!! Its amazing you should defintely run to your grocery store ad grab your favorite mix and a can of soda and put it to the test. Mine were so good Ididnt use anything for frosting. Please report back and let us know which combo you used and how you like it!!
  • kitikat
    kitikat Posts: 15
    Options
    I just realized i had Diet twist up sitting in my pantry. (No one will drink it.) I have 2 boxes of Jiffy mix. ! is white and 1 is lemon...lol...i'll update how they turn out...i can't wait :wink: