MIO Drive + Petite Heart Rate Monitor

Options
I've been searching for an affordable HRM for a few weeks. Today I purchased the MIO Drive + Petite Heart Rate Monitor but I'm not sure how I feel about it. I will use it tomorrow and decide within my return window if this is good for me or if I need to keep searching.

I've heard many suggestions about other brands but what I would like to know is if anyone has this exact monitor and how you feel about it. My concern is that it isn't as accurate as I would like because it has no chest strap. Also, I would like a monitor that counts my calories all day. I don't believe this watch does that. Does anyone have a watch that counts calories all day and costs under $100?

Thanks.

Replies

• MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    I bought the MIO Motiva PINK that counts your calories. I absolutely love it! I've done my research on HRMs since I joined MFP back in Jan 2011. I knew if I was to get one with a chest strap, I wouldn't wear it very often and I refuse to spend more than $60 on a HRM (I don't need anything fancy). The Motiva's retail price was $99 and I find it accurate. I bought it on Ebay for $35.

Here's a video that I found that helped me to decide. http://youtu.be/XaZwwgdwgFo

There's the New Balance Pearl that I heard about that's similar to Polar FT4 and was recommended by some Polar fans. As for the HRM that counts all day, I haven't found anything that would cost less than $100.
  • runlorirun
    runlorirun Posts: 389
    Options
    I have the Mio Motion and love it. It does what I need it too do. My husband uses a Garmin (sorry I don't know which one, but he's had it for 5 years now) and he love it, but then he trains for marathons and needs the GPS feature. Where I usually keep with in three miles.