eek! potato chips

Options
Is a small bag of potato chips really 1200 calories???? It came free with my lunch. I shouldn't have eaten them. What a ditz!!! Almost my whole days allotment. Guess I know which way my ticker will be going tomorrow morning. Damn!!!! Maybe they mean a large bag is 1200. Not sure what 8 0z is. The bag is long gone.

Replies

• beyondchowhound
    beyondchowhound Posts: 2,102 Member
    Options
    Is a small bag of potato chips really 1200 calories???? It came free with my lunch. I shouldn't have eaten them. What a ditz!!! Almost my whole days allotment. Guess I know which way my ticker will be going tomorrow morning. Damn!!!! Maybe they mean a large bag is 1200. Not sure what 8 0z is. The bag is long gone.
  • wellbakedwoman
    wellbakedwoman Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    :wink: most chips are 150 calories, 8-10 grams of fat per 1 oz. So if you ate 1200 calories worth that would mean an 8oz. bag. Have you tried Baked Lays? Fat Free Pringles are not too bad except where the fat won't kill you the sodium will! Uggh!
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    I had a bag of doritos and it was shy of 490 so your small bag probably is close to that or less.
  • tbobando
    tbobando Posts: 1
    Options
    Don't be so hard on yourself... I buy Pringles 100 calorie snacks. I use them to kill cravings since I never have a sweet tooth and always crave salty snacks.
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    The small bag that came with your lunch can't be 1200 calories. That seems like WAY too much.
  • beyondchowhound
    Options
    thanks for all your answers. I guess when I get to work tomorrow, I will take that small bag out of the garbage and have a look. Thanks again. I am not usually a potato chip eater.
  • Iceprincessk25
    Options
    Well.....did you look in the garbage?? I'm dying to know what it was! :bigsmile:
  • goochinator
    goochinator Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Well.....did you look in the garbage?? I'm dying to know what it was! :bigsmile:

Me too!! No way it could have been 1200 calories- maybe a regular sized bag, but a small lunch sized bag? no way.
  • beyondchowhound
    Options
    haha you guys are funny. Garbage got thrown out so I will look next time I am at the store.
  • Iceprincessk25
    Options
    DAAAAAAAAAAAMNIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • beyondchowhound
    Options
    220 calories...phew!