New to MFP looking for support and motivation

My name is Monica i'm new to MFP I started 2 weeks ago, I have 2 friends from work and i'm looking for lots more. I could use all the motivation and inspriation I can get. A year ago I was diagnosed with a rare form of kidney cancer. The only real explaination they could give me other than it "could" be hereditary was that it could be caused by being overweight. Four months after having part of my kidney removed I had back surgery to repair the herniated disk in my lower back. I had never fallen or been in any kind of accident so the Dr chopped it up to being over weight. I had 2 rods and 6 screws put in. This past December I had my gal bladder removed. Again caused by eating fatty greasy foods. Needless to say for the first time in my life I'm determined i'm gonna be healthy. I'm going to loose the weight! I work out daily and have limited myself to 1350 calories a day! I don't like to say i'm on a diet i'm just doing a life style change. Add me if anyone likes!

Replies

• good for you! I hope you can stick with it and be who you want to be! Feel free to add me. I'm new here and it seems as though we both could use the motivation :)