what to do 24 hours before a 5k

Options
cmaxmor
cmaxmor Posts: 231 Member
Hey all. Any specific things to do/not do before my first 5k? It is a small one and I plan on being satisfied with the middle of the pack.

Replies

• Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    Drink plenty of water the day before and don't eat anything you don't know how your body is going to react to, i.e., no new foods. A lot of people get nervous during races and nerves + weird foods = disaster waiting to happen. Get some sleep and have a small breakfast the morning of (nothing heavy that's going to upset your stomach) and just remember to have fun! :drinker:
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    And I wouldn't suggest any type of high fiber foods, either...
  • cmaxmor
    cmaxmor Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    And I wouldn't suggest any type of high fiber foods, either...
    good point!
  • Gigilly
    Gigilly Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Eat well, relax and sleep well. The next day get up early and take a moment to indulge yourself, think about the race and what emotions and feelings finishing the race will give you. Make sure to dress appropriately for the run and have something warm to put on after. Hit a restroom before the run even if you feel you do not need to go. :-) Enjoy the race, I remember my first 5k it was so much fun and very empowering. I stayed on a wonderful high for the rest of the day. It is a great step to take on your fitness and wellness journey. Have a wonderful time and let us know how it goes.
    Hugs,
    Gi.