Circuit training? rude much??

Options
Question about those who circuit train on weight machines at the gym: Um, do you feel like a bit of an *kitten* doing it? haha because I kind of do.

My gym doesn't have that red light or anything to indicate it's a circuit area, and everyone else just sits and chills on their weight machines between reps, so I'm scared I'll get told off if I bop around between all the machines. Thoughts?

Replies

• zafferFL
    zafferFL Posts: 402
    Options
    Question about those who circuit train on weight machines at the gym: Um, do you feel like a bit of an *kitten* doing it? haha because I kind of do.

My gym doesn't have that red light or anything to indicate it's a circuit area, and everyone else just sits and chills on their weight machines between reps, so I'm scared I'll get told off if I bop around between all the machines. Thoughts?

it's not really a circuit area then if there's no timer. Etiquette at gym (unwritten) states that if you are using a machine, it's yours, within reason.

Don't spend 25 mins hogging a machine, but jump around as much as you need. Just keep the machines clean :)
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options

it's not really a circuit area then if there's no timer. Etiquette at gym (unwritten) states that if you are using a machine, it's yours, within reason.

Don't spend 25 mins hogging a machine, but jump around as much as you need. Just keep the machines clean :)

Cool, I also seem to usually be the only one wiping down weight machines, so that's not an issue there.
  • JamesBurkes
    JamesBurkes Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Yes, gym etiquette sort of dictates that they shouldn't be "sitting and chilling" on the machines, anyway. If they're using them, then fair enough - they shouldn't be disturbed. But sitting around on equipment for minutes between sets isn't on, anyway. Okay, you could ask if you could work in with them, but you shouldn't have to do that on every single machine just because people would rather sit and check their text messages than actually lift a weight.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    For me personally.. As long as your working out, I don't care what the f-you do. If you want to work in with me, great.... I'll let you in when I have a rest.

I posted this in another topic but I was working out one day and I got to my last machine.. and there was an older man already on there. Since it was a calf machine, he was just pushing the pedals down and around.. no real sets or anything. I walk over to him and ask how much longer.. and he just smiles and goes Oh I'm finished.. I'm not really working out anyway. Uh wtf.. as long as your not one of those people, I'm ok with it!